A Million Little Pieces Reviews

• Jul 23, 2020

Strong performances and a solid script.

Strong performances and a solid script.

• Jul 11, 2020

Aaron Taylor Johnson's performance is stellar as a drug addict and alcoholic whose self-loathing keeps him trapped in his addictions and incapable of accepting that he is loved.

• Jun 08, 2020

I am so disappointed in Lily's story in it all. My Friend Leonard is my favourite book of all time. I am so disappointed in the mash up between both stories (a million little pieces and my friend Leonard) and how/when lily passes. I am shocked James allowed such a Hollywood remake of the raw book he wrote and in her memory. Disappointed.... so disappointed...

• May 02, 2020

Although it has some narrative flaws, A Million Little Pieces is elevated by its style, and committed performances

• Apr 04, 2020

it followed the book pretty well. deserved to be a movie.

it followed the book pretty well. deserved to be a movie.

• Mar 11, 2020

A decent look into the life and head of an addict - but doesn't quite tug on the heartstrings like it should....especially for the crazy good cast it has. Juliette Lewis as therapist. Billy Bob becomes dad.

• Feb 07, 2020

While the screenplay can be disengaging, Aaron Taylor-Johnson's performance proves to be solid enough to carry this film.

• Feb 01, 2020

I read the book and should have left it at that. WORST MOVIE IN A LONG TIME. Even Charlie Hunnam and Billy Bob weren't enough for me to finish it til the end.

• Dec 30, 2019

péssima direção e atuação.

péssima direção e atuação.

• Dec 27, 2019

It boggles the mind that someone would want to make a film from a book that was fabricated and sold as a non-fictional story (and publicly called out in one of the most dramatic moments of daytime television ever...and the subsequent class action settlement from the publisher). The story only had any kind of redeeming value as a true story and it ends up that it didn't even have that. My point is this: Trying to turn a book that was based on falsehoods into a movie about addiction and recovery is like trying to save a drowning victim by tossing a bucket of water on them. So ultimately even if the cast does a good job at acting, the story itself is too weak to carry much weight. For those who have read the book, they'll recognize the parts they were lead to believe were true (but weren't). For those who never read the book, you'll find the overly dramatized details that readers probably suspected were fabricated to begin with. I won't use the phrase, "After School Special" to describe the story arc but it's something like that in terms of messages about drug use, regret and recovery. No surprises here, for better or worse, no revelations or stories of redemption. Just the by the book narrative that was hard enough to believe when it was sold as a true story but somehow even harder to buy as a script being acted out. The one bright spot is Billy Bob Thornton who somehow manages to give the story some shred of believable authenticity. It's not his fault that the project was doomed as a film that was based on a book that was plagued by lies and a year of brutal press after the revelations of James Frey's "truth" was made public. To those who claim to not care whether the author lied about his personal experiences, then this was custom made for a culture that no longer cares enough about literature to even realize that there are 2 separate sections in libraries and bookstores: fiction and non-fiction and yes, it matters very much where and how specific books end up in their respective sections. Otherwise all books would eventually get adapted into to straight to DVD monsters like this one and people would stop recognizing the value in truth vs fiction.