Airplane 2 - The Sequel - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Airplane 2 - The Sequel Reviews

½ April 19, 2018
This is the perfect example of trying too hard. Every shot is an exaggeration of seemingly satirical fantasy while completely failing to drive home either a laugh or a point. Avoid with a plague.
April 15, 2018
Aww...but I loved Airplane II: The Sequel. I won't deny that this film's greatest fault is trying to follow the original too closely, but it still had plenty of moments (William Shatner's role is fucking hysterical). Despite similarities to its predecessor, I think that this sequel has plenty of its own comedic bite. I think that this film is a worthy comedy in its own right and one of the most underrated comedy sequels ever made alongside Beverly Hills Cop II, Kick-Ass 2, and Anchorman 2.
½ January 29, 2018
This was pretty much a cookie cutter copy of the first one, only this time they did not bring back Leslie Nielsen. It has a slightly different scenario, but the jokes are pretty much all the same. I found this to be a bit disappointing for the most part.
January 18, 2018
Re-hashes a lot of 'Airplane!', whose sky-high standard it unfortunately doesn't meet. Spots of originality are genuinely funny, however, and often enthusiastically push all storyline aside! Good to watch with company.
January 11, 2018
Airplane 2 has a story that makes so sense at all and feels like the original all over again. It uses the same jokes and storyline except now their IN SPACE! Overall, Airplane 2 feels like the same exact movie that the original was.
½ October 17, 2017
The original Airplane was an amusing spoof on the disaster movie craze of the 1970s. These kinds of movies tend to throw a lot of jokes at the wall and are usually hit or miss. The best of the genre have more gags land that not, but here, there are so many jokes thrown at the screen that the fact that some land means little. There are also a lot of recycled jokes from the first movie, which makes me believe that there was little confidence in the new material. It isn't a complete waste of film however as it is briskly paced and at an hour and twenty minutes long, it doesn't out stay its welcome.
September 29, 2017
Along with the first, one of my all-time favorite movies.
½ August 13, 2017
Very few funny moments makes this quite a boring film
July 10, 2017
Mąs de la primera parte.
July 9, 2017
Airplane 2 is not as good as the first one but still enjoyable.
½ April 4, 2017
Although it has some funny scenes, airplane 2 is a major disappointment.
January 28, 2017
I hated the space part when the plan goes into the sun.
½ December 28, 2016
Without Leslie Nielsen or ZAZ, I can safely say that Airplane III: The Third Movie has been permanently grounded.
October 31, 2016
Meh, shame. Didn't find it very funny
½ October 4, 2016
This was entirely uncalled for. It reuses the best and brightest moments of "Airplane!," and what few original gags it has are damp.
August 27, 2016
Sure, it's just the recycled and stitched together remains of the last film, but it's still funny.
August 14, 2016
A few laughs to be had, but this is just lazy rehash of the first. Who made this, Seth MacFarlane...?
½ August 14, 2016
This has a lot of the same great humor as the first one and is almost as good too.
July 4, 2016
"Airplane II: The Sequel" is overall less of a laughfest compared to the first film. The beginning feels a little cramped, as writer/director Ken Finkleman tries to channel the spirit of the dream team that created the original. Despite the false start, the movie takes off and holds its own, even though Finkleman teasingly rips off entire scenes from the first film. Some successful new jokes keep things fresh and, although this is not as essential as the first film, it remains good fun.
June 13, 2016
It sucks that ZAZ got screwed on this but I have to admit that the writers they hired to imitate them did an excellent job