Airplane 2 - The Sequel - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Airplane 2 - The Sequel Reviews

½ October 17, 2017
The original Airplane was an amusing spoof on the disaster movie craze of the 1970s. These kinds of movies tend to throw a lot of jokes at the wall and are usually hit or miss. The best of the genre have more gags land that not, but here, there are so many jokes thrown at the screen that the fact that some land means little. There are also a lot of recycled jokes from the first movie, which makes me believe that there was little confidence in the new material. It isn't a complete waste of film however as it is briskly paced and at an hour and twenty minutes long, it doesn't out stay its welcome.
September 29, 2017
Along with the first, one of my all-time favorite movies.
½ August 13, 2017
Very few funny moments makes this quite a boring film
July 10, 2017
Mąs de la primera parte.
July 9, 2017
Airplane 2 is not as good as the first one but still enjoyable.
½ April 4, 2017
Although it has some funny scenes, airplane 2 is a major disappointment.
January 28, 2017
I hated the space part when the plan goes into the sun.
½ December 28, 2016
Without Leslie Nielsen or ZAZ, I can safely say that Airplane III: The Third Movie has been permanently grounded.
October 31, 2016
Meh, shame. Didn't find it very funny
½ October 4, 2016
This was entirely uncalled for. It reuses the best and brightest moments of "Airplane!," and what few original gags it has are damp.
August 27, 2016
Sure, it's just the recycled and stitched together remains of the last film, but it's still funny.
August 14, 2016
A few laughs to be had, but this is just lazy rehash of the first. Who made this, Seth MacFarlane...?
½ August 14, 2016
This has a lot of the same great humor as the first one and is almost as good too.
July 4, 2016
"Airplane II: The Sequel" is overall less of a laughfest compared to the first film. The beginning feels a little cramped, as writer/director Ken Finkleman tries to channel the spirit of the dream team that created the original. Despite the false start, the movie takes off and holds its own, even though Finkleman teasingly rips off entire scenes from the first film. Some successful new jokes keep things fresh and, although this is not as essential as the first film, it remains good fun.
June 13, 2016
It sucks that ZAZ got screwed on this but I have to admit that the writers they hired to imitate them did an excellent job
½ March 24, 2016
Appears to be a hastily made sequel, relying too much on recycled jokes and plot from the original. Still good for some laughs, such as ET's aborted attempt at phoning home from a public telephone. Made by different writers than the original.
February 20, 2016
still funny moments not very good though
February 19, 2016
Airplane II fails because it is too similar to the original, with many identical jokes.
January 8, 2016
The best thing about Zucker-Abrahams-Zucker films is that you can watch them over and over and get new jokes each time. Often the stuff happening in the background is funnier than the main focus of the scene. If you're into stupid comedy then you should love this and their other films. I am and I did.
December 23, 2015
A great second sequel to the hilarious airplane! This film has all the elements that made us laugh last time and added new ones this time. With a new storyline, some new characters (and some old) it delivered lots of slapstick humour. However, I feel it lacked on the originality as some of the jokes were repeated from the previous, however overall, a great film!