Airplane 2 - The Sequel - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Airplane 2 - The Sequel Reviews

August 27, 2016
Sure, it's just the recycled and stitched together remains of the last film, but it's still funny.
August 14, 2016
A few laughs to be had, but this is just lazy rehash of the first. Who made this, Seth MacFarlane...?
½ August 14, 2016
This has a lot of the same great humor as the first one and is almost as good too.
July 4, 2016
"Airplane II: The Sequel" is overall less of a laughfest compared to the first film. The beginning feels a little cramped, as writer/director Ken Finkleman tries to channel the spirit of the dream team that created the original. Despite the false start, the movie takes off and holds its own, even though Finkleman teasingly rips off entire scenes from the first film. Some successful new jokes keep things fresh and, although this is not as essential as the first film, it remains good fun.
June 13, 2016
It sucks that ZAZ got screwed on this but I have to admit that the writers they hired to imitate them did an excellent job
½ June 5, 2016
This was entirely uncalled for. It reuses the best and brightest moments of "Airplane!," and what few original gags it has are damp.
½ March 24, 2016
Appears to be a hastily made sequel, relying too much on recycled jokes and plot from the original. Still good for some laughs, such as ET's aborted attempt at phoning home from a public telephone. Made by different writers than the original.
February 20, 2016
still funny moments not very good though
February 19, 2016
Airplane II fails because it is too similar to the original, with many identical jokes.
January 8, 2016
The best thing about Zucker-Abrahams-Zucker films is that you can watch them over and over and get new jokes each time. Often the stuff happening in the background is funnier than the main focus of the scene. If you're into stupid comedy then you should love this and their other films. I am and I did.
December 23, 2015
A great second sequel to the hilarious airplane! This film has all the elements that made us laugh last time and added new ones this time. With a new storyline, some new characters (and some old) it delivered lots of slapstick humour. However, I feel it lacked on the originality as some of the jokes were repeated from the previous, however overall, a great film!
December 5, 2015
Sadly not as good as the superb original. Many of the jokes are recycled but it's still funny at times. Sometimes I wonder why they never made a third movie.
½ November 18, 2015
Not bad, kind of funny, definitely not as good as the first. Kind of a rehash, (even maybe a meta-spoof?) of the first actually. Fairly forgettable.
October 25, 2015
It's the same movie as its predecessor, only without Leslie Nielsen or any sort of comedic timing.
August 12, 2015
It was funny but showed too much inappropriate stuff for kids 12 and under (and for a PG movie, they showed nudity, more nudity, and even more nudity) I mean, there are lots of..,sorry. Just so gross I can't say ir
June 5, 2015
Has more of the same, but that's what I bargained for.
April 21, 2015
The inspired lunacy of the first film is replaced by sheer stupidity. So many repeated jokes and lines only serve as sad call backs to much better times, while any new laughs can be counted on one hand. One of the most unnecessary films of all time. Bright spot: Shatner cameo is fun.
March 2, 2015
"What's it look like?"
"A radio? Well it has knobs, speakers. That's not important right now"
March 2, 2015
Halfway through, Airplane - The Sequel gets a little redundant, but it still very funny. The beginning especially cracks me up.
February 18, 2015
More of the same. Lots of puns. Got tired quickly. Watch the original. This can be skipped.