Reviews

• Mar 13, 2014

A very interesting look at the possibility of life on other planets.

A very interesting look at the possibility of life on other planets.

• Feb 07, 2014

Pretty darn cool "what if" scenario to what we would find on an Earth-like planet, Darwin IV. Everything in the film that has to do with the travel and the planet itself is made with awesome CGI, and features "real interviews" with scientists who are working on the actual project, but who were asked to act as if the project were already under-way and successful. It's really cool. 9.5/10, great fun.

• Jan 28, 2014

• Jan 14, 2014

I was hoping for more interaction between humans and the planet, even if there was little, or even no...at least directly, interaction between humans and the forms of life that inhabit the planet. Still, a pretty good film.

• Aug 26, 2012

Wayne Douglas Barlowe is a freaking genius. Avatar fans (and James Cameron), you should humbly tip your hats to this man, because your precious Banshees and Leonopteryxes and Thanators wouldn't exist without his art direction. Nobody makes better aliens. Nobody. (But Nemo Ramjet comes pretty close.) Anyway, this is a sublime imagining of his surreal alien world. It's strange and beautiful.

• Jun 13, 2012

The most enjoyable Sci-fi documentary... Don't look for any Earth-shaking conclusions. Just enjoy the ride.

• Jan 18, 2012

An awesome movie on dozens of different aliens different sizes and shapes, and all equally awesome!

• Aug 21, 2010

A great CGI on how an alien planet and its habitants could look like.

A great CGI on how an alien planet and its habitants could look like.

• May 05, 2010

Hopefully this will be a vanguard for similiar movies. I was entertained throughout and applauded the various life forms and their niches on the Alien Planet.

• Apr 17, 2010

An excellent "what if" documentary that explores the possibility of life existing on another planet and how we would study that life. The planet and it's alien inhabitants are some of the most original and intimidating. The alien creatures are explained to the viewer based on what we would know about them from observation of the probes footage, leaving the viewer with many unanswered questions about the strange beings. While its starts out intriguing its easy to start to loose interest once you near the end. It starts to feel as though they just want to cram in a bunch of monsters and with the probes nearing the end its starts to feel like we've seen all the life this alien planet will offer or care to see.