All This Mayhem Reviews

• Aug 26, 2019

Slapped-together production with a weighty, tragic hook. A cautionary tale about what entitlement mixed with lack of focus and consideration can do. The intelligent, kind skaters like Hawk seem to be the ones who rise to the top, leaving those jerky, self-absorbed ones like the Pappas brother stuck in drugs and denial, trying to justify their failures by saying they were screwed over by the skate industry. Misguided and poorly researched, though it includes an engaging human story of brotherhood and loss.

• Jan 13, 2019

Really sad history of skateboarding!

Really sad history of skateboarding!

• Feb 06, 2018

Kids from a clearly unsettled home turn out to be amazingly talented skaters..but add chemicals and big egos to the mix, and things implode. I had never heard of the Brothers, so watched the film as a non skater, crazy story, tragic in places. [won't do a spoiler for those who don't know the Brothers] Very poignant in places too...

• May 02, 2017

I've been into skating since I tried the "Tony Hawk" videogames back in 1999 or 2000. I bought a board in the following years and even if I never was skilled, I like the freedom and the fun it brings. I've never been an expert, especially when it comes to vert skating, and this film proved me right. The Pappas brothers where new names for me. A well documented story about two brothers from Australia. They ripped it in the verts back there, went to USA, ripped it there too, got mixed into drugs and that's about it. Here we see loads of skating, many friends and skaters share they thaughts and the brothers also tell they're story. This is sad and real, it's informing and honest. Never boring and it made me think a bit different about Tony Hawk. They're competiton and hatred are crucial here - understandable too. Still, I can see it from Tony's perspective as well and understand his choices. I have not seen "Dogtown and Z-Boys" or "Lords of Dogtown" so far, but this is probably a more touching film about two brothers in thick and thin, trying to balance a world of fame, cocain, girls and skating. This is a mayhem, for sure. 7 out of 10 vert ramps.

• Jan 15, 2017

Great movie about the 90s skateboarding scene in Australia, following two brothers as they rise to fame...and then come crashing back down again. A really interesting and moving documentary.

• Jul 26, 2016

If you are a skateboarder and want to watch a skateboarding documentary please just watch We are blood rather than this. Going into detail of what i really think of this movie would be far too insensitive due to the death of Ben and his father.

• Feb 21, 2016

A shocking and heart breaking story that includes an entertaining first half showing skateboarding at its best, then steers you into the dark parts of the brother's lives

• Feb 13, 2016

Great story but bobbins production. There's no style to the editing and it's often unbalanced, plus the the soundtrack is awful. Forgetting about the film-making for a minute, the footage and tales being told are amazing, punk as it gets. It's all so sad though. Also, Tony Hawk is such a dick. What about this for redemption https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMkC_bI8eE8

• Nov 01, 2015

Feel good sports doco of the year

Feel good sports doco of the year

• Sep 11, 2015

A sad, but great story. Perfectly executed.

A sad, but great story. Perfectly executed.