Almost Christmas Reviews

• Dec 26, 2020

Awesome holiday movie! Funny, family situational comedy. There is some cursing and some suggestive themes. This movie is on our annual Christmas movie list!

• Dec 25, 2020

It starts off poorly and takes half the movie to gain momentum. Once it finally does, everything is predictable. Your typical holiday movie with a few surprises. If it wasn't for Monique I would hv bored & stopped watching, even though Elice, Gabby, & Danny Glover are some of my favorites. The children were just bad actors, however adorable. The young brother is a pretty good actor and I felt his pain at the end. It was nice to see Omar Epps, though it seems he plays the same role over and over again. Like I said, predictable.

• Dec 23, 2020

This was such a cute Christmas movie and captured the grief and nostalgia that families can feel during the holidays after a loved one's passing. I found myself laughing out loud at Monique's quippy one-liners and the grandma Cheryl scene is hilarious! I'm honestly not sure why it took me so long to watch it, but a lot was happening in winter 2016.

• Nov 25, 2020

This Movies was Funny, heart filled.. It's a movie overlooked but if you watch you will be pleased you did..

• connor
    Jan 10, 2020

I hate this movie it suck put pop corn down

I hate this movie it suck put pop corn down

• Apr 29, 2019

I just watched this movie and while it was cute. I had a hard time believing they were family. The chemistry with the cast was just not there. I didn't buy it, I didn't buy the fighting, the love. Idk something was just off ya know.

• Mar 23, 2019

Beware what you wish for. Rom-coms like these often have me wishing for more substance and character development, but once this one starts getting to some substance between main characters, I found myself wishing for some more comic relief from Mo'Nique and J.B. Smoove. Like countless other Hollywood films, Almost Christmas is guilty of perpetuating a stereotype of black women as "sapphire": strong and independent (which is good), but also incapable of letting her guard down to love a man (in other words, it's your fault you're not married). Gabrielle Union's character even gets a lecture from her daughter on the subject, for goodness sake. Meanwhile, Glover's inability to bake a damn sweet potato pie worth eating apparently proves that men are incompetent in the kitchen and women are naturally suited to cooking.

• Dec 08, 2018

One of the worst movies I have ever seen. A whole lot of talk yall about absolutely nothing.

• Jan 19, 2018

Very good movie. Though the film undoubtedly drifts into far too familiar territory as it progresses, it still is full of rich humor, a warm heart and great performances from its ensemble cast, namely Mo’Nique, Usher, Elise and Union.

• Sep 04, 2017

This movie was hilarious and heartfelt and a real slice of life during the holidays,,, at least in some segments of the African-American community. One of these days critics are going to catch up with what resonates with moviegoers who don't look like them. Or maybe the answer is more critics who look like the American population and moviegoers in general. And,maybe, just maybe, we'll get more content with diverse casts, writers and directors, Then, when a critic says, "... (a movie) isn't distinctive enough to prompt a visit to the theater." They won't be pulling wool out of their arse or making statements that don't reflect the fact that a $17 million dollar movie made $42 million at the box office. It was thoroughly enjoyable. And it's currently running on HBO right in time for the holidays. :-)