Arctic Blast Reviews

• Apr 23, 2018

This is one of the better ones, just like Absolute Zero. AZ is a 3 star for me. I can't get to it's main Rotten Tomatoes page.

• Nov 27, 2017

Dire :( 92 minutes of your life you will not get back

Dire :( 92 minutes of your life you will not get back

• Feb 17, 2017

This horseshit makes the execrable "The Day After Tomorrow" look like Shakespeare in comparison...

• Sep 25, 2015

I found that Arctic Blast was good. I do agree that the Special fx wasn't all the best and that the only good acting was from Michael Shanks and Bruce Davison. The plot was pretty good, I definitely think that it worked. Michael Shanks did really well in my opinion, but their was definitely some faults in the casting.

• Dec 28, 2014

As far as low budget, B-grade disaster flicks go this was about what you'd expect. I've seen way worse Sy Fy movies for sure. Decent enough premise (basically borrowed from The Day After Tomorrow) and an enjoyable lead in Michael Shanks who even gets a bit of a back story revolving around his teenage daughter and impending divorce. The story jumps around (a lot) between Philadelphia (actually Ottawa) and Hobart Australia (really Hobart) following a renowned physicist trying to figure out how to stop a sudden climate shift which has opened up a hole in the ozone and is starting a new ice age that could wipeout mankind. Of course initially none of the higher ups believe the hero scientist when he tells them that bad things are a happening until, well, worse bad things happen. Taking the form of deadly ice fog (-90 deg) killing in seconds and presumably being able to chase cars. Airliners also crash, a research vessel runs aground full of soggy dead scientists, there are frozen surfers, general panic and running in the streets. You know all the stuff that makes for an "awesome" B movie. Some of the insta freeze scenes are unintentionally hilarious, the budget is low so the special effects are lame and of course none of the science works but I still had a good time with this. I am a fan of the good (bad) disaster flicks though. 12/27/14

• Sep 09, 2014

The real start of this movie is Michael Shanks' ego. Bad science, hilarious special effects, and the ever-common "chaos will save our relationship" trope makes this an incredibly fun bad movie.

• Aug 29, 2014

The special effects were alright, The rest was pretty much awful!

The special effects were alright, The rest was pretty much awful!

• Jun 08, 2014

Good movie.Old theme presented in very convincing manner.Technically pretty sound.Some moments touch the heart and hence my 4 star.

• Feb 07, 2014

1.5 stars for this movie is very generous. The scenario played out in this film is complete absurd. No suspension of disbelief here.

• Dec 24, 2013

Makes a Chicago winter look warm.

Makes a Chicago winter look warm.