Baby Mama - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Baby Mama Reviews

January 17, 2017
Tina Fey and Amy Poehler co-star in Baby Mama. Fey is Kate, a hard-working single woman that is in her late 30s. She is feeling it is time to have a kid, but when her adoption request is denied, and she finds out she is unable to conceive herself, she decides to go through an agency to have a surrogate mother. Insert Angie (Poehler) who is far from being a conventional mother.

Angie is low-class and does not exactly see eye to eye. The two constantly butt heads as they constantly are at odds on how they should be taking care of the bun in the oven. When Angie's boyfriend Carl (Dax Shepard) and her break up, the two-start living together and the tensions between each other rise. To relieve some of the pressure try and get out more, which includes a scene with both of them being absurd at a night club, and Kate eventually dating Rob (Greg Kinnear). The movie unfolds in a pretty predictable finish.

Baby Mama is a sub-par comedy that relies all too heavily on you loving Tina Fey and Amy Poehler. The two play their typical characters where Tina Fey seems a bit pretension and a go getter, and Poehler is everything but that. The comedic moments in the film are too far in between and a majority of them are featured in the preview. This fan may be enjoyed by some, but can be skipped by most, even if you are moderate fans of the stars, which is why I was drawn in.

-1.17.2017
January 16, 2017
like other films of theirs, I love these actresses but their talents are wasted on a poor script.
January 6, 2017
Ajoittain jopa ihan hauska leffa. ^_^
½ January 6, 2017
Typical Poehler/Fey concoction of so-called acting.
½ January 3, 2017
This one is both funny and sentimental with no big surprises, but plenty of laughs.
July 15, 2016
Hilarious movie that you would never believe came before the movie "Sisters"
½ June 27, 2016
All star team Tina Fey and Amy Poehler FTW!  About halfway through this movie turned completely from what I thought it would be.  This movie is cute and funny.  I really enjoyed the clubbin' scene and the scene when Poehler gives birth.  Comedy gold. Recommended.
April 10, 2016
Funniest movie I've seen in awhile!
½ March 24, 2016
Most of the characters are pretty awful, including the dull lead (Tina Fey why?) but Poehler stands out and is worth watching even though I kept wishing this film would quit being a comedy and she would really get nasty.
½ February 15, 2016
All for Tina Fey x Amy Poehler.
½ January 23, 2016
Funny overall but the subversive messages to moral living are almost too much to overlook. There are far better comedies to be enjoyed so I say give this one a pass.
December 29, 2015
What's the opposite of a bromance? Galmance? This is what Baby Mama is. It doesn't shatter the world, but it certainly delivers.
December 26, 2015
Amy Poehler + Tina Fey, but nowhere even close to as funny as Sisters.
½ December 13, 2015
Almost a softer version of Knocked Up aimed at the female audience.
November 25, 2015
story is fairly predictable with not a lot of new elements, but both casts are amazing and they are great together.
½ September 17, 2015
It had some good moments but overall not something I wanna watch again and again. I saw it once, I'm good.
August 20, 2015
I really loved this movie very funny
August 11, 2015
Tina Fey is hot, but that's about it!
½ July 26, 2015
Tina Fey and Amy Poehler always have a way of turning dumb plot ideas into something that's entertaining to watch and enjoyable. However, this movie probably would have done better just as a short SNL skit, as it just got kind of tiring. Fey performed well as always, but because she only had an acting role and not a writing role (unlike Mean Girls, 30 Rock, etc) it just lacked quality in my opinion. But if you have 90 minutes of free time and you enjoy the work of Fey and Poehler, you will probably enjoy watching this.
July 17, 2015
A waste of two exceptional comedic actresses.