Baby Mama - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Baby Mama Reviews

½ June 12, 2017
Baby Mama is directed and written by Michael McCullers, and it stats Tina Fey and Amy Poehler in a comedy film about a businesswoman that wants to be a mother, but wouldn't be able to do so, and she come across a company that pays a lot for wanting to be a mother, and so it come across a jobless woman that is going to be the girl's surrogate mother. I remember that I've seen this film for years as I was kind of young, but remember parts of the film, which got me introduced to Tina Fey and Amy Poehler. So I figured that I watch it again to see how it holds up, and Baby Mama is better than when I saw Central Intelligence. The chemistry between Tina Fey and Amy Poehler is terrific as they got a lot of funny moments that you can tell that they been best friends for a while and can work together very well. I even like the chemistry between Tina Fey and Greg Kinnear as it's a very sweet one, even when it gets close to the end it was starting to be familiar. The beginning was a bit rough to watch as the jokes were not working for me, but when I start to get to know the characters and what their situations is while also what their mindset is like, the movie starts to get a lot better. The funniest part of the film is Romany Malco as every time he's in this, I just crack up, especially when he works with Amy Poehler. The plot is predictable, but there are some rare moments that caught me off guard however, which is more than I can say for Central Intelligence. Baby Mama is a really good movie that I hope it's the same way with their next film Sisters.
February 23, 2017
2/22/17 We had already seen this, so I was only half paying attention, but there are a number of funny parts. Many people say it is predictable, but it is definitely a new story line, and quite frankly, didn't exactly go in the direction that I thought it would. It is funny, and that's all that we really want from a comedy. Tina Fay and Amy Poehler are both their usual funny selves.
January 17, 2017
Tina Fey and Amy Poehler co-star in Baby Mama. Fey is Kate, a hard-working single woman that is in her late 30s. She is feeling it is time to have a kid, but when her adoption request is denied, and she finds out she is unable to conceive herself, she decides to go through an agency to have a surrogate mother. Insert Angie (Poehler) who is far from being a conventional mother.

Angie is low-class and does not exactly see eye to eye. The two constantly butt heads as they constantly are at odds on how they should be taking care of the bun in the oven. When Angie's boyfriend Carl (Dax Shepard) and her break up, the two-start living together and the tensions between each other rise. To relieve some of the pressure try and get out more, which includes a scene with both of them being absurd at a night club, and Kate eventually dating Rob (Greg Kinnear). The movie unfolds in a pretty predictable finish.

Baby Mama is a sub-par comedy that relies all too heavily on you loving Tina Fey and Amy Poehler. The two play their typical characters where Tina Fey seems a bit pretension and a go getter, and Poehler is everything but that. The comedic moments in the film are too far in between and a majority of them are featured in the preview. This fan may be enjoyed by some, but can be skipped by most, even if you are moderate fans of the stars, which is why I was drawn in.

-1.17.2017
January 16, 2017
like other films of theirs, I love these actresses but their talents are wasted on a poor script.
January 6, 2017
Ajoittain jopa ihan hauska leffa. ^_^
½ January 6, 2017
Typical Poehler/Fey concoction of so-called acting.
½ January 3, 2017
This one is both funny and sentimental with no big surprises, but plenty of laughs.
July 15, 2016
Hilarious movie that you would never believe came before the movie "Sisters"
½ June 27, 2016
All star team Tina Fey and Amy Poehler FTW!  About halfway through this movie turned completely from what I thought it would be.  This movie is cute and funny.  I really enjoyed the clubbin' scene and the scene when Poehler gives birth.  Comedy gold. Recommended.
April 10, 2016
Funniest movie I've seen in awhile!
½ March 24, 2016
Most of the characters are pretty awful, including the dull lead (Tina Fey why?) but Poehler stands out and is worth watching even though I kept wishing this film would quit being a comedy and she would really get nasty.
½ February 15, 2016
All for Tina Fey x Amy Poehler.
½ January 23, 2016
Funny overall but the subversive messages to moral living are almost too much to overlook. There are far better comedies to be enjoyed so I say give this one a pass.
December 29, 2015
What's the opposite of a bromance? Galmance? This is what Baby Mama is. It doesn't shatter the world, but it certainly delivers.
December 26, 2015
Amy Poehler + Tina Fey, but nowhere even close to as funny as Sisters.
½ December 13, 2015
Almost a softer version of Knocked Up aimed at the female audience.
November 25, 2015
story is fairly predictable with not a lot of new elements, but both casts are amazing and they are great together.
½ September 17, 2015
It had some good moments but overall not something I wanna watch again and again. I saw it once, I'm good.
August 20, 2015
I really loved this movie very funny
August 11, 2015
Tina Fey is hot, but that's about it!