Beautifully Broken Reviews

• Oct 21, 2018

Very inspiring and heart felt movie

Very inspiring and heart felt movie

• Oct 20, 2018

MOVIE RECOMMENDATION!! Just got back from Beautifully Broken with the fam! Awesome true story family movie! The more people that go see it, the longer it will stay! The actual father from the movie came out at the end to answer questions, etc! ??He's from Nashville and came to Peoria to present the movie to audiences! 10/10 - go see it!!

• Oct 20, 2018

Powerful movie and story

Powerful movie and story

• Sep 30, 2018

Beautifully Broken, If you get the chance to see it, please go! Eric Welch did a WONDERFUL JOB with this touching movie. I really appreciate that he chose to make a decent movie with real meaning and such inspiration. Good job, Eric and THANK YOU!

• Sep 30, 2018

This movie is an incredible masterpiece full of heart and thought provoking turns! Highly recommend this for all ages!

• Nate Z Super Reviewer
    Sep 23, 2018

Written by a staggering six credited writers, the faith-based movie Beautifully Broken is a well-meaning dramatic exercise that hopefully opens some hearts and minds to the refugee experience. Its message, for the most part, is worthy and empathetic. Reportedly based on a true story, we follow three families: 1) a Rwandan family that escapes the 1994 genocide, is trapped in the bureaucracy of the refugee system, and whose husband tries to make a new life in Tennessee for his family, 2) A Rwandan man who helped the previous family and has been imprisoned ever since, denied watching his own daughter grow into a teenager, 3) a wealthy Tennessee family struggles to cope with their rebellious teenage daughter, ignorant to the rape that changed her life. Can you guess which of these three storylines just isn't as interesting as the others and yet is the one we inexplicably get the most time with? If you guessed "rich white people," collect your prize. Beautifully Broken feels like an entire season of soap operas crammed into 108 minutes. The drama is so pitched but also strangely abbreviated, quick to resolution a few scenes later. It reminded me of those "previously on" clip packages before TV episodes. The characters are lacking recognizable dimension. They feel entirely too much like parts, meant to be happy, sad, and grateful, but rarely human. It makes for a dramatic feature that feels very inauthentic even when dealing with heavy issues like genocide, imprisonment, and sexual violence. Weirdly, the movie cannot even bring itself to utter the word "rape." The film also feels written by people with a very selective sense of teenagers; some of the signs that the teen is on a wayward path that alarms mom and dad include her listening to rock music, locking her room for privacy, and, worst of all, not having an interest in horseback riding any longer. There's a laughable subplot involving a bad boyfriend that seems like the most preposterous court case I've ever seen on film. Beautifully Broken examines the healing power of forgiveness and connection in a way that asks for compassion and understanding the immigrant experience. It even closes with a plea to sponsor a refugee to the U.S. Rarely do movies peak with their end credits. It just so happens that Beautifully Broken, a well-meaning but tedious tale, is that movie. Nate's Grade: C

• Sep 22, 2018

this is an amazing movie about real life, based on a true story. I was very impressed with the graphics. usually first films are not good quality, but this movie outperformed many popular movies as far as graphics, drama, how believable movies based on a true stories are, the acting is professional. I am such a movie critic i don't like to waist my time watching poor quality movies, and it's not as fun watching movies more than one time, but this movie i wouldn't mind at all watching once a month!! the directors mother said, "this movie is better the second time you watch it." she is totally right!!!

• Sep 12, 2018

One of the most impacting movies i have seen. REal life situations/real life emotions/real answers. I know, I have experienced them. I have recommended this movie to just about everyone i have come in contact with.

• Sep 10, 2018

This is a beautifully written and directed movie depicting a true story of forgiveness and redemption. For me, it was a call to action to help those less fortunate than me through my words and actions. I intend to purchase the dvd to give to family and friends as gifts for Christmas. Bravo!

• Sep 08, 2018

True story with a strong message: "Your life is not where you've come from but what you do with the days before you."