Becoming Jane Reviews

• Mar 21, 2021

Another lockdown date night film, and what an amazing surprise! How did I miss this gem of a film!! Loved it, totally engrossed in the storyline detailing the life of one of the most iconic writers to have ever breathed. Anne Hathaway is brilliant as the lead and all the supporting actors do a stellar job. A film I will definitely watch again, highly recommended!

• Jun 23, 2020

Some of its impact is gutted because you know where it is heading if you are a fan of Austen's work, but that doesn't take away from the great performances.

• Mar 26, 2020

This film brings Jane Austen's story to life through spectacular performances and cinematography. A faithful adaptation of the life of Jane Austen.

• Sep 20, 2019

I almost cried such a beautiful story.

I almost cried such a beautiful story.

• Sep 14, 2019

Faithfully elegant as an exquisitely-designed period drama including the questionable invitation from the pacing for engagement besides the climatically-growing romance being fought for, it is a treat for Austen readers and a response to intrigued curiosity after watching few adaptations just to find this an interesting, well-casted and finely-performed character study. (B)

• Jul 13, 2019

"Becoming Jane" is one of those many light British dramas/comedy of manners yet done better than most. Good cast with the romantic banter between Jane Austen (Hathaway) and Tom Lefroy (MacAvoy) very engaging. Well rounded cast of the usual British regulars for these types of production. The film is greatly enhanced by the great sets and scenery, giving a realistic feeling for the period. Not being an expert on the life of Jane Austen, I would imagine much of the story is made up - yet its so well done that it doesn't matter. "Becoming Jane" is well worth catching if you can.

• Apr 20, 2019

This raw film is beautifully constructed in every way. The casting choices were absolutely unmatched, especially Tom Lefroy! I loved this movie, including the moments that made me cry. Stories like this remind me that it is okay to not have a perfect ending. I will forever cherish this movie.

• Apr 17, 2019

The absolute BEST romantic movie! Watch it several times to catch all the lines.

• Mar 23, 2019

You're my story.

You're my story.

• Dec 19, 2018

Mcavoy really makes this movie something special. He is so good.

Mcavoy really makes this movie something special. He is so good.