Brideshead Revisited Reviews

• Jun 17, 2018

what the fuck was all that about?

what the fuck was all that about?

• Apr 08, 2018

Beautifully directed and excellently acted film with a melancholy feel of dying world that draws the viewer in as it does Charles, obsessed with what will soon be gone. Although Brideshead (and the real Castle Howard) are lovely to look at from the outside, that beauty is cold and ensnares those who live there with an unhappiness that ends up destroying them them all and Charles is left still an outsider, still longing to be really a part of this world he coveted.

• Nov 26, 2016

Obviously it will be difficult to follow the Jeremy Irons/Anthony Andrews series, but this is disappointing. Best thing: read Waugh's superb novel.

• Jul 05, 2016

While this film has stunning production values and a great cast, I cannot recommend any film which does such a terrible disservice to its source material. The novel upon which this is based is a far different work of art than this refined and rather lifeless film. It's pretty but rather bad.

• Nov 26, 2014

This is a perversion of the original Waugh novel, which I DID read, and which did NOT have this homosexual theme. The person(s) who put up the "movie info" section here on RT should be fired or at least cautioned for failing to warn would-be viewers of this gay "take" the producers have wrongly chosen here.

• Apr 02, 2014

I have the feeling that this is one of the rare time I saw actors playing so naturally, and making me forget that I was watching a movie and not their real life. I saw that some said that it lacks in depth of the characters, but yes, I agree and that's why it made it so enjoyable to me. Everything was suggested, just like if you met the persons in real life and could only give a guess to what they are thinking, and not over-played in the drama like in many other -even good- movies.

• Dec 28, 2013

Good actors. Too bad about the script which loses the whole point of the story.

Good actors. Too bad about the script which loses the whole point of the story.

• Sep 26, 2013

The nuances and complexities of the novel weren't translated well into the movie, leaving it dull and one dimensional. Character interpretations were wooden. Lovely cinematography and costumes.

• Aug 09, 2013

Brilliant like the book, very good job with the interiors.

Brilliant like the book, very good job with the interiors.

• Jun 14, 2013

4/5 Pretty amazing, although it is slow at times and falters towards the end. Will have to check out the mini-series.