Bruno Reviews

• Jun 23, 2020

Sasha Baron Cohen tries to re-Borat, generally fails.

Sasha Baron Cohen tries to re-Borat, generally fails.

• May 17, 2020

Weird but it's funny for the most part.

Weird but it's funny for the most part.

• Apr 12, 2020

If you thought Borat was ballsy, wait 'til you see this film. I'm still trying to figure out if I'm a fan of this film or not. It isn't terrible but it certainly isn't great either, not Baron-Cohen's finest work.

• Mar 15, 2020

Not nearly as insightful and amusing as Borat

Not nearly as insightful and amusing as Borat

• Jan 19, 2020

I'm tolerant when it comes to movies, but this is the only one I had to shut off after 15 minutes. It was too gay for me. When they started sling shooting dildos up each other's assholes, I decided I didn't need to watch this anymore.

• Dec 27, 2019

If you can laugh with Bruno instead of laugh at Bruno (and Borat), then you will agree Sacha Baron Cohen's social experiments aren't just for gags. He is the rodeo clown angering the bull that is America's raging hate for everything un-American. Watch both. Now, do it, do it do it do it omg!

• Sep 15, 2019

Imagine if borat was a gay Austrian fashion designer, that's what Brüno is.

Imagine if borat was a gay Austrian fashion designer, that's what Brüno is.

• Sep 07, 2019

Borat was definitely 2006 but this one is much before than that, it is good that Sacha has a get out clause in his pocket. Bruno Once again I have to- it's like a rule or something- mention Sacha Baron Cohen's name at first. This is not just bold filmmaking. It is just brave. That is all. Simple and clear. But watching these films of Sacha's has made me realize that these films have a surprising comfort in their language. His signature style is famous for the "out of the box" ideas, that he weaves just for the gasps. But there is a lot to that kick that he gets on earning a simultaneous reaction as such in a room. He is incredibly witty in that very fabric of his vocab. And he has got quite a range. It looks easy but that's how good he is. For instance, take the interview regarding his single parent lifestyle that comes later in the film. Now, it is very easy to go on and offend a group of people. But as Bill Burr puts it so elegantly that the art is to try and offend every single community in just one message. And Sacha is up for that game instantly as you enter his room. The reason why I liked this project of his more than The Dictator is because it is one of those films that you don't know where or how it is going to end. And that excitement is something you don't get in the films nowadays. That excitement is why and how Marvel films manages to keep you at the end of your seat- in your first time watching- as it wraps up the film in locations, stages and images you don't know it is to lead or end on. Bruno is a lot like Disney's Dumbo!- stay with me, please- for what he has been running away from or has been considering as his biggest doom, turns out to be the key for his "salvation show"-- it's a Neil Diamond reference.

• May 19, 2019

Side splittingly funny. Cohen is able to transform into the obnoxious, narsacistic, and vacuous Bruno with deft skill. Bruno wants to be famous and Cohen gives a clever insight into the entertainment and P R industry whilst at the same creating a character that causes chaos wherever he goes. The scenes where Bruno goes to a men's hunting camp and attempts to act straight are brilliant. True genius.

• Apr 16, 2019