Bubble Boy Reviews

• Apr 12, 2020

A film that did not age well, not that it was ever good, with bad, offensive jokes, if you could even call them that.

• Apr 05, 2020

A friend of mine showed me this movie and I must say, it was the best comedy movie I've ever seen.

• Feb 25, 2020

This movie is nothing short of amazing its one of my most rewatched movie.

This movie is nothing short of amazing its one of my most rewatched movie.

• Jan 30, 2020

The basic Rom-com, Unfortunately hasn't aged very well. It was cool seeing Zach Galifianakis young though.

• Dec 20, 2019

I've always loved this movie. I saw it right when it came onto DVD and have rewatched it many times. I think I just understood that the characters and jokes that people thought were offensive were there very intentionally to point out their absurdity. Also Jake Gyllenhaal is amazing and adorable.

• Jul 08, 2019

A great comedy. Period. One of his best roles.

A great comedy. Period. One of his best roles.

• Jan 28, 2019

you want 500 dolla !

you want 500 dolla !

• Dec 29, 2018

Good stuff. Gyllenhaal is the most attractive man I can imagine, and seeing him in this context is hilarious. I liked this movie when it came out, and since then I have grown to love him in a handful of serious roles, so this was a fun thing to revisit. My uncle gave me a scratched copy of this from blockbuster when I was a kid, and I still have it now in my late 20s. This movie is just FUN, and the cameos are pretty great. Underrated. Nearly twenty years later, it holds up.

• Dec 16, 2018

Is it terrible? Yes. Will i watch it again? Yes. It's so bad but somehow i love it. I love how this came out the same year as my all time favorite Jake Gyllenhaal movie, and is a total disaster compared to it.

• Sep 17, 2016

Bubble Boy(2001) Starring: Jake Gyllenhaal, Swoosie Kurtz, Marley Shelton, Danny Trejo, John Carroll Lynch, Vernie Troyer, Dave Sheridan, Brian George, Patrick Cranshaw, Stephen Spinella, Ever Carradine, Geoffrey Arend, Matthew McGrory, Bonnie Morgan, Stacy Keibler, and Zach Galifianakis Directed By: Blair Hayes Review LIFE IS AN ADVENTURE. DON'T BLOW IT. I saw a trailer for this film on the DVD of the last movie I rented and it looked like the stupidest thing ever. But then I rented it and when I watched it I was liking this isn't the Corneto trilogy but it's a pretty fun charming comedy. The film opens up with Jimmy saying he was born without an immune system. He felt happy in his bubbled up until a beautiful girl named Chloe moves next door. She would visit him everyday after school. On her birthday however she wanted Jimmy with her but he was stuck in his bubble. She ends up agreeing to marry her boyfriend Mark and when Jimmy sees the gift she made for him he decides to go too Niagara Falls and stop the wedding. Everything in the film itself is charming but not really all that funny. The acting is average to say the least it's like watching your best friend do some of the silliest things you know he usually wouldn't do. When I saw this the first time I actually thought to myself you know early 2000s comedy's are a little bit better than the newer ones. Danny Trjo was my favorite part in the film. I'm giving Bubble Boy a three and a half out five.