Cairo Time Reviews

• Jan 14, 2020

Cairo for tourists. Full of topics and characters who do not listen each other, but it is watchable if you want some exotism.

• Mar 08, 2019

Such in incredible and haunting film! The chemistry of the two main characters and their story is sublime.

• Jul 16, 2018

I've always liked Patricia Clarkson because her performances are understated but heartfelt and poignant, as she demonstrates in this film. It's a quiet moment out of time, especially for a lady who thinks a new love with a handsome younger man is really out of the question, but they do share a small space of time out of time to acquaint themselves with what might have happened if things were not as they are. In the end, the one you feel sorry for is the younger man, slighted in love before, who until now had accepted that his life would be by himself, but attracted by a woman from another culture whose quiet dignity and understanding make him realize what he's missed, and when their time out of time is over with the return of her husband, he feels alone in a way he had not felt alone before.

• Dec 28, 2017

This movie's subtle beauty and sly romance stir the passion of my soul. I soo wish they would make a sequel their chemistry is magnetic. Such a lovely movie.

• Aug 29, 2016

Beautiful, shows the beauty of Cairo, has an exquisite plot.

Beautiful, shows the beauty of Cairo, has an exquisite plot.

• Jul 31, 2016

A woman walking slowly around Cairo and whispering was the essence of this movie. I normally like this actress but she WAY overplayed "underplaying" her character. Human beings don't speak and move that slowly all of the x, maybe in certain circumstances, but that's what made it so contrived- she was so zombie-like in every scene. I kept waiting for her to settle into the role and relax but that never happened. The male lead was great and very authentic, and the scenery and vibe of a different culture was really interesting, but at the end of the movie all I felt was anxious. I just wanted to throw something at Patricia Clarkson and say, "Wake up! Wake up!"

• Jun 20, 2016

The summary made this movie sound more exciting than it actually was. I thought there was actually going to be a love affair in it, but instead the story is pretty boring for most of it. It wasn't too bad of a movie to watch, just nothing really happened.

• Dec 11, 2015

Really well done slow drama. They depicted an American's experience in Egypt quite beautifully, really.

• Jan 22, 2015

I enjoyed this movie. Yes, it moved slowly, but that was part of the delight. I liked the slowness of falling in love with a city and a man. My husband wasn't as enthusiastic. The fact that I have visited Egypt and Cairo made it more meaningful to me.

• Dec 21, 2014

Nothing much to take from this movie, it's very boring.

Nothing much to take from this movie, it's very boring.