Canopy Reviews

• Mar 25, 2018

This movie resonates with the little I could squeeze from my father who fought in the jungle of Bougainville as an 17/18 year old in the AIF. No talking, often only meters from an unseen Japanese enemy who were also trying to analyse every sound to detect their enemy. Stalking each other to kill or be killed. To all who delivered this movie - thanks To those who prefer Transformers and Pearl Harbour - that's OK if that's what you need

• Sep 25, 2016

The Silence & Lack Of Information (Other Than Your Own Eyes & Ears) Adds To The Intensity But It Also Adds To A Certain Level Of Boredom When Things Don't Shuffle Alone Very Quickly. Nicely Shot Around A Pretty Brutal Environment, A Level Of Exploration In War Through A Different Angle That I Kinda Liked. I Didn't Quite Love It Thought. Not That War Stories Have Anything To Love About Them Except Really For The Ghastly Heroics.

• Oct 08, 2015

Interesting war movie with very tittle dialogue. However, breathtaking cinematography in a dense tropical rain forest and great acting make for a watchable movie. The final scene for the Australian pilot was very weak I thought.

• Mar 27, 2015

February 1942. The battle over Singapore has begun. An Australian fighter pilot was shot down over the jungle. As he walks through the jungle he comes across a Chinese soldier and the two form a camaraderie. This is a slow moving film, with practically now dialog. The strength of the film is the awesome cinematography. This viewer was impressed by Taiwanese actor Mo Zi Yi's performance as the Chinese soldier. The Australian soldier, played by Khan Chittenden (who reminded me of Matt Damon)

• Feb 19, 2015

The slowest, most boring film I ever bothered to watch till the end and then wished I hadn't.

• Jan 17, 2015

1 hr and 24 min that I will never get back....sorry but I could find nothing redeemable in this movie - 'thrilling and breathtaking'....some obviously would enjoy it, but this experience was lost on me...'boring and slow'

• Jan 10, 2015

They don't come much more boring than this. Painfully slow and lacking in anything

• Jan 02, 2015

A minimalist and quiet forest tour film a la a lost soldier in wartime. Somehow thrilling, breathtaking and great, but sometimes it's just boring.

• Dec 28, 2014

Complete waste of time. Another movie that was made only for critics to see.

Complete waste of time. Another movie that was made only for critics to see.

• Dec 27, 2014

Too heavy, almost unbearable.

Too heavy, almost unbearable.