Capernaum (Capharnaüm) Reviews

• May 14, 2019

One of the best movies I've ever seen.

One of the best movies I've ever seen.

• May 12, 2019

Emotional rollercoaster

Emotional rollercoaster

• May 11, 2019

Five stars. And I don’t give those lightly. Absolutely incredible.

Five stars. And I don’t give those lightly. Absolutely incredible.

• May 05, 2019

Hope everyone notice what kind of world we are living in, make it a better place.

• May 05, 2019

Remarkable story telling, realistic and one of the best movies I have watched this year.

• Apr 17, 2019

POWERFUL and MESMERIZING !

POWERFUL and MESMERIZING !

• Apr 16, 2019

Amazingly realistic, powerfully portraying chaos, survival, resourcefulness, human spirit. A must see

• Apr 11, 2019

So I need everyone reading both this and my Never Look Away reviews to understand that my experience is probably swayed in part by the awesome experience I had yesterday! Eight hours of driving, five hours of films, and an incredible dinner/beers mixed in for good measure. Anyway on the the first film, as is standard with most cinephiles I know, child actors are occasionally shunned and rightfully so. While Zain, the main character in this film had his fair share of annoying moments, he overall did a good job conveying the story. There are several things I would've changed about the film but as a whole I enjoyed it. I truly believe that this is the strongest year for foreign films in a long time! The story was interesting, and it was easy to watch. It's not ground breaking and likely most will never know its name (outside of select groups). I particularly enjoyed how caring Zain was in the film, it's hard to pretend the emotions he flooded the screen with. As most of you I gave Cold War and Roma less than stellar reviews. I'm going to revisit them both this week in an attempt to see if I maybe missed something. While I think Roma will win because of its following, I think this is the first time in a long time that all the candidates are truly deserving!

• Apr 09, 2019

Excellent movie about irresponsible and stupid individual making kids without worrying about their education, future, well being and happiness. This is a movie about people with no heart who keep on bringing children into a world fit no future, selling them to whoever and neglecting them completely to the point where one ends up dying. Very sad reality for many children, unfortunately. The poor kid never had a chance to enjoy having a normal childhood.

• Apr 06, 2019

Really sad story. Poor Kids in Syria and Lebanon where there are civil wars. Not just spoiled kids in those developed countries should learn and realize how lucky they are, even adults should learn too.