Capernaum (Capharnaüm) Reviews

• Aug 03, 2020

A searingly bleak and affecting film about the fate of undocumented people in Lebanon. Don't come here for feel good vibes but well worth watching to remind you of the darker cycle of life some people struggle to escape from.

• Jul 21, 2020

A cinematography masterpiece. Acting, story, everything was flawless.

A cinematography masterpiece. Acting, story, everything was flawless.

• Jul 20, 2020

Capernaum is really hard to watch but the Screenplay is amazing and what the little Boy as the Protagonist does is quiet Fantastic. It's mostly a Festival Film which is good because I think it couldn't convince if it wouldn't have been so hard to watch. But you really feel with the Characters. A total recommendation.

• Jul 09, 2020

A movie that you will never forget.Sad but true life of a lot of countries that has to result in such loss & shame.

• May 20, 2020

Nadine Labaki co-wrote and directed the brilliant 'Capernaum', a Lebanese film. It stars novice actors, but none can be touted better than Zain Al Rafeea who was an illiterate 12-year old Syrian refugee at the time of filming. He's a whirlwind. Genius casting takes this to the heights of authenticity. It's a work of art. Could possibly be the best film you've never heard of! Hubby: 10/Wife: 9.4 Average Final Score: 9.7/10

• Apr 27, 2020

A must see! Captivating film.

A must see! Captivating film.

• Apr 21, 2020

Simultaneously sensitive and straightforward in her directorial methods, Labaki articulates the moral complexities of the subject matter with an equal share of fascination and depression.

• Apr 13, 2020

I was completely captivated by this movie. The story, characters, actors, everything was just so human and real, it was beautiful and heartbreaking at the same time.

• Apr 11, 2020

the movie has a good idea for the middle east poor people who can't make a good life for their children and I don't Know if you know Shahin Najafi he said in his song : "if my father hadn't money why he made me". this movie is like a music video for that song

• Feb 23, 2020

How can you not love Zain? Should have won the Oscar Best Foreign Film.

How can you not love Zain? Should have won the Oscar Best Foreign Film.