Clash of the Titans - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Clash of the Titans Reviews

September 16, 2017
fun action flick with beastly action scenes, aesthetically pleasing, with lots of cool characters and mythological lore (about 4 viewings)
July 13, 2017
Completely superficial and boneheaded VFX-reel that's not without its moment of fun if you're into creature effects or, like me, find the idea of a glittery Liam Neeson and a wheezy Ralph Fiennes as ham-fisted deities appealing.
½ July 7, 2017
As a remake, Clash of the Titans adds very little new elements to the original story, the script is just ok, and while the acting is good, it's not nearly as good as it could have been. That being said, the special effects are very well done, the action is fun and entertaining, the Kraken is arguably scarier and more badass than (but not as iconic as) the original design, and the film faithfully pays homage to the campy tone of the original.
June 17, 2017
Yet another in a long line of unnecessary remakes. The original is a charming classic...not perfect by any stretch, but entertaining nonetheless. This remake detracts from, rather than adds to the original. The special effects are better, as the original is from 1981, but it falls short in every other category: story, acting, makeup, costuming. My list of complaints is long, but I don't want to list them, as this movie has already taken and hour and half of my life I can't get back.
May 31, 2017
About the only thing this version has going for it is that it does feel like a classic story...even if the modern effects are bad, the acting is terrible, and the plot is lacking.
May 14, 2017
A Pretty impressive touch on Greek Mythology. As I already have prior knowledge on Ancient Mythology (Thanks to Rick Riordan), I enjoyed this movie just as any other person experienced in this field would. I liked seeing the modified versions of Medusa and the three witches, all of which were unique in their own way.
So I'd say this is a pretty well-made movie. :)
May 6, 2017
Though this fantasy adventure remake (I have yet to see the original) has a great cast, decent score and some impressive visuals it all feels extremely hollow and it just isn't exciting enough. This is primarily down to the weak script, obvious plot and the fact I am not given any reason to care for these characters.
½ April 30, 2017
Pretty solid remake. Changes a lot from the original, and some of the story beats are questionable, but it's got a good pace, some cool designs and good action. It's a fun fantasy movie. I dug the aspect of Perseus wanting to remain a man no matter what. Aside from him cheating a bit at the end...
April 9, 2017
Clash of the titans is really bad, it was terrible, it's stupid, the action is boring, the acting is awful, the cgi is vomit inducing, the script and writing and story is paper thin, the dialogue and direction is flat, it's so stupid and boring, it's a terrible movie
March 20, 2017
All sound and fury and signifying almost nothing. But not quite. The story seems to be led by a roll call of mythological characters rather than an actual plot. But for all its lack of substance it is still quite watchable.
½ March 7, 2017
Utterly disappointing in every levels.
February 21, 2017
No where near as memorable as the classic 1981 film, but it does have some great creature effects and well shot action scenes. The real drag of this rendition is our less than charismatic leading man, Sam Worthington. He performance is phoned in; no substance. He's more like a cookie cutter action hero, who feels no need to try.
½ January 27, 2017
Once a film with potential and a big name cast with reputations for good films, Clash of the Titans is such a forgettable film as it completely wastes all of it's actors abilities and pushes a very choppy and dull story throughout. As mortals challenge the Gods and their importance, demigod Perseus leads and expedition to find a weapon capable of stopping the Kraken before it destroys all of Athens. Fast cut action scenes and numerous monsters can't aid this film as even the few interesting fights throughout hardly boost opinions in a popular fashion.
½ January 18, 2017
With a lot of unoriginal things that we saw before on Tv, like big scorpions, witches and medusa, Clash of Titans, despite it great cast suffers from a predictable narrative, lack of originality and weak screenplay.
January 8, 2017
if youve already seen the lightning thief then dont bother watching this its only a summary of the lightning thief. along with that it was as emotionless as it gets
December 30, 2016
It's good movie to watch
December 23, 2016
Sono rimasto colpito della buona descrizione e della mantenuta interpretazione agli dei,ma non รจ altro che brutta finzione
December 12, 2016
Just give me special effect!!
December 9, 2016
It's not great as a piece of film, but it's tremendously entertaining cor what it is. I sincerely believe that Sam Worthington has it in him to be a great leading man; he has acting chops and a great face for the big screen. However, studios forced him into too many potential franchises too quickly to allow anything to effectively stick short of "Avatar".