Clash of the Titans - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Clash of the Titans Reviews

½ November 3, 2016
Clash of the Titans, a remake of the 1981 film, does offer some visual thrills but nothing much in the story and character department.
½ October 16, 2016
This one actually honestly put me to sleep.
September 19, 2016
A must see action adventure!
September 9, 2016
A good popcorn movie, but a crap 3D movie that more resembles a pop-up book in its visual depth.
August 13, 2016
One of my many guilty pleasures that idk why or care how I like it. I just still down and don't expect anything out of it. Maybe that's why I'll say it's not that bad. For goodness sake, it's a remake of an extremely popular classic, what did you think this was gonna be?

"C+"
August 12, 2016
enough special effects and battles to keep hubby awake (he rates it 'no snores')
Rewatched 2015-08-12 and there were definite snores.
August 7, 2016
The entire point of Greek Myths is to show divine appointment of leaders which is why the heroes are always rightful kings and sons of gods. This movie made Perseus more of an underdog and had an odd plot device where gods would die if they weren't worshiped. This goes entirely against the common themes of Greek myths, but it's still an enjoyable swords and sandals film for those who enjoy the genre.
½ August 7, 2016
I liked aussie actor Sam worryington, he slayed dat beast real good like. Lean Neesons is a god who was like a real man who could have fixed eveything but chose not to because he was like i cbfed, so just took a night of
Peace
August 4, 2016
Weak script along with dull acting and crappy visual effects, Clash of the Titans just overall falls flat.
½ July 31, 2016
The Worst movie ever made.
July 17, 2016
I won't say this is a good movie because it isn't. I won't say it's a well-acted piece nor a well-thought out movie because it isn't. It is an incoherent and laughable big-budget mess starring some top-level actors, all of whom are capable of doing much better work. However, I must say that I kind of enjoyed the first half of it. It's like eating popcorn; it makes an awful lot of noise, but doesn't have much substance to it. It does have rather strong production value, and you can feel the craftsmanship that went into it (the costumes, the actual sets, shooting on locations, those are actually well-done.) The visual effects are incredibly unremarkable, and so is Sam Worthington's performance, whom I liked a lot in "Terminator Salvation". It's a disappointment. "Clash of the Titans" is watchable but very underwhelming.
July 7, 2016
Loud, repetitive, and just plain stupid, the 2010 remake of Clash of the Titans should've been a home run considering the source material and updated special effects; the results however are a disastrously hollow "epic" that is more infamous for botching it's 3D conversion than anything else. The film stars the then next-big-thing, Sam Worthington as the half man, half God Perseus who seeks revenge against the gods who wronged him, and his performance is just as bland as every one of his other roles. Some of the cast had potential with Ralph Fiennes as Hades, Mads Mikkelsen as a fellow fighter, and the god-among-men himself, Liam Neeson as Zeus, but alas they're either given nothing to do, or in Fiennes' case, over-act every scene they're involved in. The film basically divulges into a series of loosely connected travel and battle sequences with almost every fight ending with the characters being saved by a mysterious deus ex machina, or some other form of bullshittery and boy, it gets old fast. The special effects are where this film should have shone, but apart from some decent costuming/make-up and the amazingly realized scale of the Kraken, the rest of the creatures such as the giant scorpions and the sinister, Medusa look TERRIBLE! This movie is underwhelming in pretty much every way with lackluster and brief fight sequences, bland acting, an anti-climactic ending, and below-par visuals that look like they belong in the 90s, (Zeus' ever-shining armour, anyone?). The director, Louis Leterrier has disowned the film and blames it''s failure on the piss-poor 3D conversion...but come on; the movie was already a turd, they just made it harder to look at and his track-record behind the camera doesn't exactly help his case.
½ June 20, 2016
Just plain horrible. Don't waste your time unless you into these type of films.
½ June 18, 2016
Clash Of The Titans was made just to showcase it's vfx, the story is bad as well as predictable, the movie gets boring many times, action scenes go on for way too long and the movie is laughably bad at moments. If you can ignore all of that, then you can watch this movie, otherwise you can go on without watching this movie. Also, the lens flares in some scenes annoyed me a lot and distracted me whenever they were present.
jamrcla
½ June 5, 2016
A good updated version, Could of been better, The effects were ok, Sometimes the acting let the film down but some good action scenes nearly makes up for it, I can't comment on the 3D as I watched the 2D version, It's not as bad as critics will have you believe.
½ May 26, 2016
Give the whole thing a pass.
½ May 8, 2016
As a fan of greek mythology I enjoyed this movie, loved the visuals and the mythological references. While the story is not rock-solid, I think it's an underrated movie.
April 22, 2016
Not nearly as bad as I had been led to believe but this is yet another in a long line of tired films in the greek-mythology fantasy genre.
March 27, 2016
anjd epic-looking remake.
½ March 20, 2016
An underwhelming CGI-Fest whose only real bright spot is getting to hear "Release the kraken"