Darkest Hour Reviews

• Sep 25, 2020

fell asleep in the movie

fell asleep in the movie

• Sep 10, 2020

Directed by Joe Wright. Darkest Hour is a biopic about Winston Churchill during late World War II, where the British Empire's fate is in his hands. Joe Wright and his cinematographer Bruno Delbonnel were obviously on the same page when making this film. The lighting is outstanding during the entire movie. Shadows create a sense of tension for Churchill, who is faced with a plethora of challenges in the film. Gary Oldman once again proves why he one of the best actors of our generation. Oldman gives it his all for this performance in Darkest Hour from accents perfected to subtle movement. Lily James also gives a convincing performance that many will not notice because of limited screen time. A wonderful representation of a historical figure during historical times.

• Sep 02, 2020

Despite its familiar and uneven storytelling, it's a faithful and compelling recreation of pivotal historic events, with impressive production values and a remarkable lead performance from Gary Oldman.

• Jul 13, 2020

Spectacular. Inspiring.

Spectacular. Inspiring.

• Jul 04, 2020

As a narrative Darkest Hour can get a little boring. But exceptional makeup work and a captivating performance from Gary Oldman, make it worth a watch.

• Jun 13, 2020

A must watch. Inspiring. Dark. Inspiring. Bright. Very well done. I do not recall one slow spot. I will watch this movie again. The acting of WC was superb.

• Jun 05, 2020

The greatest performance from one of the greatest living actors. Oldman is unbelievable, the story riveting, and important. I learned a lot and I am a history junkie. A masterpiece.

• Jun 02, 2020

Aside from a couple of good speeches, there is way too much dialogue. Darkest Hour takes too long to get going and many of the scenes were, well, quite boring I found.

• Jun 01, 2020

Gary Oldman gives an absolutely outstanding performance as Winston Churchill. This movie did a great job showing an important period in the beginning of the war & Oldman carries the film amazingly. Lily James also quietly gave a great effort as well