The Day After Tomorrow Reviews

• Mar 27, 2020

6.5/10. An acceptable and fairly decent disaster film.

6.5/10. An acceptable and fairly decent disaster film.

• Mar 24, 2020

Overall I think it was a pretty good movie. The beginning was great but you could tell the writers started to run out of content when they brought 4 animated wolves into the movie to Try and kill the main characters. After the 10+ natural disasters that have happened their biggest threat is a pack of wolves? Really? And in reality, those wolves would've been dead along time ago.

• Mar 16, 2020

Would only come here for the over the top disaster scenes.

Would only come here for the over the top disaster scenes.

• Jan 13, 2020

The visuals in CGI and the thrills are really amazing, but a familiar story, bad acting, and questionable dialogue can easily be laughed at.

• Nov 28, 2019

Someone thought this a credible examination of what could happen if we don't take Climate Change seriously. Seriously, could anything be further from the truth? We all know the climate is changing, it's been changing since creation but the warming science remains challenged by a vast number of the world's top scientists. It's difficult to know where to start with this catastrophe of a movie – yes, it has some good looking CGI but what's the benefit if the story is as silly as a kids matinee film from the 50s? We see tents that don't freeze while every building in the entire city of NY have frozen over – we see a public payphone that still works even though its submerged under sub-zero waters, we see people being kept alive by the burning of the pages of some books (while they are surrounded by wooden furniture!) We see a global weather pattern that alters in a matter of hours instead of years (centuries). We see people being able to run and perform exhausting feats without any breathing difficulties whatsoever. We see, oh, why bother... for those looking for mindless disaster entertainment, it might work, provided you can turn a blind eye to a ton of cartoonish scientific inaccuracies. No wonder today's kids are reduced to anxiety and fear about their environment and see no hope for tomorrow. Pity they aren't able to recognise when a democratic propaganda piece is selling Al Gore's suspect ‘science' for the benefit of very rich (getting richer) global companies. Perhaps all that's missing is Leonardo DiCaprio in the lead. Suppose we couldn't expect much more from this director.

• Nov 22, 2019

Amazing movie and pretty realistic CGI Highly recommend.

Amazing movie and pretty realistic CGI Highly recommend.

• Nov 19, 2019

Screw the negatives. It's the visuals that make this awesomely thrilling epic a true unmissable treat!

• Nov 14, 2019

What I feel makes this movie good is how it says don't F**K with the planet.

What I feel makes this movie good is how it says don't F**K with the planet.

• Nov 07, 2019

at the end, seeing Canada 🇨🇦, completely wiped-off the map, you wonder why they didn't even get a mention in the film 🤷🏻‍♂️.

• Nov 01, 2019

The Day After Tomorrow, while simple and largely predictable, does detail modern political denial. However the point of most disaster movies is to be mindless and easy to watch, and this movie is.