Death on the Nile Reviews

• 6d ago

As insipid a companion to Lumet's earlier and far more dynamic Agatha Christie adaptation as Niven's forgettable Colonel Rice is to Ustinov's spruce Poirot, the slow and formulaic mystery feels like a made-for-TV movie despite it's lengthy runtime.

• Kevin M. W Super Reviewer
    Sep 04, 2019

Although the cast of recognizable name stars is noteworthy, that alone cannot save the desultory proceedings, so much so that how to stay awake is the mystery that'll involve most of your time. Mia Farrow does the heavy lifting, which should be all the warning astute film consumers should recognize.

• Jul 22, 2019

Ya sale el remake el proximo año 2020

Ya sale el remake el proximo año 2020

• Jul 16, 2019

That was kind of a trip. it wasn't bad..... I think for it's time it was probably pretty good, but we sure laughed at some absurdities.

• Feb 25, 2019

It seems to be the unpopular opinion, but I actually liked this better than Murder on the Orient Express. Something about Orient Express just felt stuffy and closed off, and I didn't feel like I could "play along" the way I could with this one. Although the beginning seemed to drag a little, Once they got into the investigation it was very intriguing and fun to follow. Peter Ustinov does a great Poirot, and even though it's about a murder it still feels light and fun. Bette Davis and Angela Lansbury, among others, give great performances in this thrilling mystery film.

Alec B Super Reviewer
    Oct 28, 2018

Adaptations of Christie work best when they embrace the inherent absurdity of the premise and just let us gawk at all the movie stars in exotic locals trying to murder each other instead of all the contrivances and plot holes.

• May 07, 2018

Nice little who done it but a little more round the bend than Orient.

Nice little who done it but a little more round the bend than Orient.

• Jun 22, 2017

The story is engrossing, Peter Ustinov does a great job, and the cast is good.

The story is engrossing, Peter Ustinov does a great job, and the cast is good.

• Jun 21, 2017

Poirot has quite the imagination. Acting is hammy across the board and whilst its an interesting murder mystery, the way it unwinds is unsatisfying.

• Aug 10, 2016

While not as good as Murder on the Orient Express, Peter Ustinov improves on the performance of Albert Finney as Poirot and it has a slightly more surprising conclusion.