Deepsea Challenge 3D Reviews

• Jul 27, 2019

I loved this documentary. Gave a realistic look but still a cinematic feeling to add more drama to it (in a positive way). Personally I don't like (what happens a lot in NG-documentaries) is the use of actors in the so-called flashbacks. For the people who do like it, it's well-made and it added a nice touch. I also liked that you first get to know earlier achievements and experiences of James Cameron before you dive into the adventure what the documentary is about (it gave a nice build-up). Conclusion, a well-made, inspirational and thrilling documentary.

• Sep 24, 2016

Although I didn't see it in 3D it was still really interesting. In the end, I just wanted to know more and more but maybe that was the point.

• Apr 08, 2016

Unfortunately there wasn't much to see at the bottom of Challenger Deep, so the film focuses mainly on Cameron's career and the sub development, resulting in a very boring documentary.

• Oct 09, 2015

If you're interested in watching someone's ego play out over 2 hours you should watch this movie. All hail James Cameron.

• May 22, 2015

Although more than anything this film felt like a tribute to filmmaker and explorer, James Cameron, it was still fascinating to watch how he reached the depths of the deepest oceans. I'm slowly learning that I'm a big underwater photography fan. Maybe it was after going diving the first time that triggered something in my mind. Rating: 7/10

• May 03, 2015

An extremely well written and directed documentary that is very cool and well put together. The vision and drive of these people is incredible. Aside from a somewhat anticlimactic ending and repetitiveness it was a really good and interesting documentary.

• Dec 22, 2014

An enjoyable documentary, but where was James Cameron half the time while they were actually building everything?

• Nov 14, 2014

Very enjoyable and I recommend it, but missing a lot of the story...doesn't help that the target dive is pretty much a bore.

• Oct 16, 2014

A real documentary that shows what the big-time filmmaker saw in his solo dives into the deepest points on Earth... in high definition 3-D. Full review: http://bit.ly/1sOTwDl

• Aug 31, 2014

A proudly presented project by James Cameron that should be praised for its ambition, effort, and some effective 3D effects [B-]