Drift Reviews

• Apr 30, 2015

Great Aussie movie. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Great Aussie movie. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Jan 06, 2015

I loved this movie. It was very interesting, kept moving well throughout and was a nice escape from the usual hum drum of my life. I love the sea and waves, this was a movie for me.

• Aug 20, 2014

Nothing particular the movie, the best scenes were by far the surfing ones.

Nothing particular the movie, the best scenes were by far the surfing ones.

• Aug 14, 2014

Quite good actually, really enjoy watching them surf, some shots are fantastic. Fair enough, average and satisfactory. 2.5 Stars mate!

• Jun 10, 2014

Smooth although rather corny.

Smooth although rather corny.

• Jun 02, 2014

A great story of family experiencing the struggles of a hard life, yet choosing to make it work... Better yet, choosing their passions and dreams, allowing them to create opportunities from them and not the other way around. It's a great feel good movie. A classic surfers collection, along with Mavericks and In Gods Hands. Enjoy the ride.

• May 24, 2014

I enjoyed this movie. A nice tale based on a true story.

I enjoyed this movie. A nice tale based on a true story.

• May 11, 2014

Look like Australia does make some good movie I just think a lot of us are missing them. Really great movie from start to finish pretty cool to watch the surfing and there is a lot more going on but set in a great backdrop of Australia.

• May 02, 2014

I read the poor reviews but watched it anyway - better than expected, even enjoyed it. Yes, a lot of it could have been developed a lot more, but enough there with interesting characters to be worth watching.

• Manu G Super Reviewer
    Apr 22, 2014

Two Brothers. One Dream. No Rules. Very Good Film! Drift is the latest surf film paying tribute to and giving us a glimpse into the Australian surf life when popular surf brands were just beginning. The acting is fine all round. Myles Pollard, who also co-produced the film, is solid as the responsible older brother. Xavier Samuel, in one of his best performances, brings charisma and energy to his role. Sam Worthington is excellent. He is perfect as the free-spirited hippie. He seemed to enjoy this role more than some of his recent work and it was wonderful to see him in an Aussie film again. The film does a great job of bringing the 70's back to life. You gotta love JB's colourful bus and the classic kombi vans! The surfing photography is exciting and breathtaking, and the cinematography by Geoffrey Hall is simply beautiful. The soundtrack, a mix of 70's classics and more recent tunes, really adds to the cool laid back vibe. The cast and crew looked like they had fun making this film and it shows. A snapshot into the Aussie surf life, it was a highly enjoyable and upbeat movie experience. In the 70s two brothers battle killer waves, conservative society and ruthless bikers to kick-start the modern surf industry.