Dunkirk Reviews

• 2d ago

Feels like both a summation and refinement of Nolan's structural, visual and sonic sensibilities. It doesn't add up to much, but it's something to see.

• 4d ago

A beautiful piece of cinematography, but the editing can be a little odd if you're not paying attention. However, overall this is an amazing film, I think Nolan did an excellent job with this film. For a historical film, I think the film team did an amazing job putting together beautiful practical effects, to make the evacuation look so realistic and believable. From the dog fights to the flaming sea, this film is amazing and would recommend it 10/10 for movie night!

• Feb 22, 2021

Terrible. I was SO bored.

Terrible. I was SO bored.

• Feb 17, 2021

As great of a movie Dunkirk is, it is not a masterpiece. This is one of the best war movies ever made by showing the war in a way no film has shown it before - and succeeded in doing so almost flawlessly. For that, I must respect Dunkirk. However, it does not reach the same heights as some of his other films like Inception and TENET, and is easily one of his least impressive movies to date. Dunkirk failed to challenge our minds and make us think, and for that, I cannot give it anything above four stars.

• Feb 16, 2021

A bloated, chronologically-confusing, self-indulgent film that confounds more than it entertains. A detail-oriented viewer will constantly have questions which the movie doesn't even attempt to answer. Overall, after barely keeping my eyes open through the run-time, I was left dismayed that I will not get those hours of my life back.

• Feb 15, 2021

A very enjoyable and good movie. I love Christopher Nolan. I really enjoy most of his movies and this one is no exception. Harry Styles was good in this role. This movie was really good I only wish I could've seen it in IMAX

• Feb 14, 2021

Great visuals. A little more backstory would have been appreciated for people who don't know the history of Dunkirk.

• Feb 14, 2021

Dunkirk was a periodical piece retold by Christopher Nolan about the largest civilian mission to evacuate over 300,000 British soldiers surrounded on the coast of Dunkirk, France during WWII. I never know that it ever occurred where Churchill ordered his people to do whatever possible to try to help bring their troops home. They successfully saved their boys with their ambushes plan. The movie won Oscars for sound and film editing as well as sound mixing. The story was told from three view points all intertwined in one story. I just hated when they went from present to past to when the soldiers make it back to their hometown. The few lines in the script did not truly tell anything about the story, there was more action and less storyline to follow. The cast included Tom Hardy as a fighter pilot, Kenneth Branagh as the Commander, Cillian Murphy and Harry Styles. Overall it was a good movie with no plot that I can't see watching again.

• Feb 13, 2021

A great film about a very significant time in history.

A great film about a very significant time in history.

• Feb 12, 2021

Very complete movie. The cinematography is fantastic, nothing seems exaggerated, and I think the representation of the evacuation of Dunkirk was accurate. The division of stories that eventually converge helps show that it wasn't just one boat that was affected. Great example of how war films should be made.