Escape Room Reviews

• Nov 05, 2019

Fun editing with an amazing set design, they should have worked harder if they're gonna take Cube and Saw and bring it to the next level. What lacks in character development makes up in some interesting thrills and at the end of the day it's a fun movie to watch.

• Nov 05, 2019

Like Cube (1997) but with better set dressings.

Like Cube (1997) but with better set dressings.

• Nov 04, 2019

The first half of this movie really had me intrigued. Then the if felt they stopped taking risks and started to play it safe. Then they decided to really play it safe and set up for a sequel.

• Oct 28, 2019

2017 version was terrible.. this one is way better! Not scary but fun to watch!

2017 version was terrible.. this one is way better! Not scary but fun to watch!

• Oct 28, 2019

This movie is great! It was so suspenseful I had to step out and smoke a cigarette after the movie ended!!

• Oct 27, 2019

Review: ‘Escape Room' is a psychological-horror film directed by Adam Robitel. I wasn't expecting much going into this movie. One because it came out in early January which a lot of unwatchable movies come out in, and it seemed like a knockoff of the ‘Saw' films. It was better than I expected, but it's still not one I will watch again. The film follows a group of people Zoey (Taylor Russell), a physics student; Jason (Jay Ellis), a wealthy day trader; Ben (Logan Miller), a stockboy; Mike (Tyler Labine), a truck driver; Amanda (Deborah Ann Woll), an Iraq War veteran; and Danny (Nik Dodani), an escape room enthusiast. who are sent to navigate a series of escape rooms, only to discover that their fates are tied to whether or not they can solve the puzzles in time. When it comes to acting, I always like to give credit when credit is due. In this movie there was only one person that stood out amongst the rest, Deborah Ann Woll. She delivers a heartfelt performance as a veteran with some major scar, both physical and psychological. She is always sadly the only character I cared about in this movie. Nobody else delivered to what they should or probably could have with their character, which are also just written really poor. The movie starts off at a weak point with trying to introduce us to some of the ‘main' characters before we get into the rooms. They only show us three of the six and when we get to the actual escape room scenario, we don't even truly understand who these people are. Another negative is that this movie has horrible dialogue for their character to say. Nobody felt real and just felt like a bunch of actors portraying character instead of watching a story unfold on the screen. When we get into the rooms where they have to escape the movie got some footing. It had cleaver rooms, that were executed smartly and built with care. Unfortunately, the movie goes right back to square one with the final act, which to me felt lazy and cliché. Overall, this movie never seemed to know what it truly wants to be. With bad dialogue and a bad ending, it makes for a anger inducing movie. However, if you want to watch a movie where you see who is going to die and how, and who might live than this would be a good watch for you. 2/5

• Oct 27, 2019

I really liked this movie and its characters, it was more suspensful then slashers and jump scares, which is a lot of what horror movies are

• Oct 26, 2019

The movie was thrilling and scary, the plot was well done and there were a few twists. I would recommend this movie for children over 14 and adults.

• Oct 26, 2019

Much better than I expected! It reminds me of Saw and Final Destination without the gore. The action and intensity never lets up. Good movie!

• Oct 25, 2019

For most of the film, there are plenty of thrills, chills and twists that you are fully engaged in the plight of the characters. The film's weakness is an ending which is less story serving/satisfying as it is sequel baiting.