A Few Good Men - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Few Good Men Reviews

April 23, 2017
Just a power house of a film. Cruise and Nicholson are at their very best
April 5, 2017
When we don't know what we will see, when our job is to keep seeing to it that our country is safe at all costs. When we see we built this country on the foundation of a good army to see know one invades it, that we value the prestige, honour, duty, and orders that we are delivered to be accountable for everything that we see in our country and other countries relations. When we see we don't just accept anyone, but the best to answer to everything we do is just according to the law & what we see fit best represents our countries values. When we see we need a long shot in gathering evidence to see what we believe to be fighting the right side to be true we find following the process would involve see to it that there would be people at cost for their actions. When what we didn't see before it is revealed to us that we are on the fences of obtaining evidence when we can't see or gather. When we see a few good men when we speak to them that they were only following orders to know this was intentional. When we see following the chain of command is hard when we only see winning & titles that makes connecting & communicating difficult when we only like to see it our way. When we see beliefs are what comes from within, when it eats up on us that we can't take a stand for anything else we wish to see rather than our beliefs that we see that we must fight for or all everything we see would be a lie. When we see that we do runs in the family when we have an eye in somethings we see worth fighting for when ethics are involved. When not all wish to see us when we are a hurdle in moving forward & progress against the enemy. What we don't see is what others see and follow to know that they follow a process within a process when they see a code they must follow. When we see that things are done differently here, to see that we follow formalities to let the law judge if different ways constitute for justice. When we see processes need to be respected too when we have two sides seeing eye to eye in what we stand for and what others dont stand for to see which side is right. When we see we must be seen as winners, confident & look good in front of a jury when we are working on nothing until we see something unearth we didn't see before. When we see that some opportunities comes rare when evidence is stacked beside you and your able to go through the layered process to see we have a long shot in obtaining the truth or risk everything. When what we don't see is the judge thst doesn't allow, the opposing lawyer that is blinded by winning & losing, the lack of evidence you can obtain in moments where evidence and access is restricted, a honest suspect, and the reprocussions of our actions if none of these dont align for us to know justice reaching high levels of power is a long shot & hail mary.

When we see thst we can't just unsee somethings to handle it accordingly by the law. When what others did not wish to see they get rid of, what they didn't see they were up for the job and could cost other lives in the process. When we don't see somethings but see other things we go the wrong direction in what we see. When we see we handled such matters a different way when we can't hold somethings responsible for lives, promotions and respectability of this army at risk. When we see the front lines of action we see it all, while civilization sits comfortably in their seats while we keep them safe for them not to see what we see. When we see ourselves close to that fence seeing the enemy or future enemies thst is all we have to do when the pressures of failure is not acceptable when we need to protect that wall of safety our country so heavily wants us to safe guard we put no lives in jeopardy over 1 issue that stands in our way. What we see and everyone sees is we need to it for GOD & country. When what we wished to see avoid we see we received something worse when we try to do things the way we see it and not others we try to sneak past justice of our country vs our own instant justice. When we see our country not align with the righteousness of the law then we allow the law to be pushed down by those whom is it unnecessary when they believe in power is the answer against another power to go head to head.

***************************************************************************
"You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives! You don't want the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall. We use words like "honor", "code", "loyalty". We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you", and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!" - Colonel Jessup

When the vary thing that makes something stand, it thinks less of us when the only thing that matters is it standing. When what we do comes at great importance that we have to make the decision to minimalize all other lease importances.
March 14, 2017
For having it be a drama movie it's not good Plus this movie seems too serious and it can't be funny with too much arguing which I think makes it not fun to watch.
March 11, 2017
Won tickets to the premier for this one. Great climax. Good ending.
January 31, 2017
It's good movie to watch
December 22, 2016
This is a fantastic movie mostly due to the actors. The plot is nothing special but Cruise, Moore, and Nicholson are so good that they make this movie really good.
December 11, 2016
A Few Good Men is an intelligent courtroom drama that rises on the strength of its dialogue and cast.
November 22, 2016
exceptional movie, the exchange of dialogue between tom cruise and jack nicholson is one of best in any movie.
November 21, 2016
Tom Cruse annoys the hell out of me, this was the only movie I ever liked him in. His and Jack's performances stand out in a film that was incredibly well-acted and directed. All around great film.
½ November 8, 2016
Excellent performances across the board that makes this hokey court-room drama exciting, insightful and iconic.
October 30, 2016
I sat down with the wife and watched this over 2 days cause we fell asleep during the first half on Netflix. Also, my wife had never watched this movie before.
This as you may all know already is the story of two marines that follow and order of their commanding officer and get busted for it when the other marine dies because of their action.
This is a courthouse movie and plays out like you are watching an episode of JAG the long game.
Totally worth to watch this flick even if you are not a Tom Cruise fan.
Watching this back now you see some A+ actors that have got big in Hollywood now over the years and you see where they got their start.
A great movie but not for the kiddies if you watch the uncut version there is a lot of swear words that get cut out when this plays on TV.
So I say no kids if you watch it on Netflix.
½ September 11, 2016
Aaron Sorkin's script pops when it needs to but the direction is a bit flat in this courtroom drama based on the play. The acting is what holds everything together and its definitely one of the 90's staple films. Its worth seeing if you like the cast, great performances all around.
September 3, 2016
A relly good court case drama but even though he is only in it briefly, this film is worth watching for Nicholson.
August 29, 2016
Very good but I could have done without the romance element which seemed unnecessary and unconvincing. Jack Nicholson is formidable and clearly relishes playing this character.
On second viewing I up to 4 stars.
August 27, 2016
I finally got to see this classic that was an awesome court room drama. There are so many great things about this film but where it truly shines is the flawless acting.
August 21, 2016
It's pretty predictable, sure, but still ends up being one of the best courtroom dramas you'll ever see. Mostly thanks to Nicholson and Cruise and Sorkin's script.
August 14, 2016
Good acting and engaging story. Military mannerisms wrong.
½ August 12, 2016
Not a terrible movie, but had its bore. The most exciting part was Jack. "You can't handle the truth".
July 28, 2016
Certain aspects of this don't quite hold up over time, but when it's good, it's really good. Still I'm glad I caught up with this one.
July 28, 2016
One of the best movies I've seen in a long time. Impeccable acting, well written script, and good storyline. Impressive stuff