A Few Good Men - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Few Good Men Reviews

March 14, 2017
For having it be a drama movie it's not good Plus this movie seems too serious and it can't be funny with too much arguing which I think makes it not fun to watch.
March 11, 2017
Won tickets to the premier for this one. Great climax. Good ending.
January 31, 2017
It's good movie to watch
December 22, 2016
This is a fantastic movie mostly due to the actors. The plot is nothing special but Cruise, Moore, and Nicholson are so good that they make this movie really good.
December 11, 2016
A Few Good Men is an intelligent courtroom drama that rises on the strength of its dialogue and cast.
November 22, 2016
exceptional movie, the exchange of dialogue between tom cruise and jack nicholson is one of best in any movie.
November 21, 2016
Tom Cruse annoys the hell out of me, this was the only movie I ever liked him in. His and Jack's performances stand out in a film that was incredibly well-acted and directed. All around great film.
½ November 8, 2016
Excellent performances across the board that makes this hokey court-room drama exciting, insightful and iconic.
October 30, 2016
I sat down with the wife and watched this over 2 days cause we fell asleep during the first half on Netflix. Also, my wife had never watched this movie before.
This as you may all know already is the story of two marines that follow and order of their commanding officer and get busted for it when the other marine dies because of their action.
This is a courthouse movie and plays out like you are watching an episode of JAG the long game.
Totally worth to watch this flick even if you are not a Tom Cruise fan.
Watching this back now you see some A+ actors that have got big in Hollywood now over the years and you see where they got their start.
A great movie but not for the kiddies if you watch the uncut version there is a lot of swear words that get cut out when this plays on TV.
So I say no kids if you watch it on Netflix.
½ September 11, 2016
Aaron Sorkin's script pops when it needs to but the direction is a bit flat in this courtroom drama based on the play. The acting is what holds everything together and its definitely one of the 90's staple films. Its worth seeing if you like the cast, great performances all around.
September 3, 2016
A relly good court case drama but even though he is only in it briefly, this film is worth watching for Nicholson.
August 29, 2016
Very good but I could have done without the romance element which seemed unnecessary and unconvincing. Jack Nicholson is formidable and clearly relishes playing this character.
On second viewing I up to 4 stars.
August 27, 2016
I finally got to see this classic that was an awesome court room drama. There are so many great things about this film but where it truly shines is the flawless acting.
August 21, 2016
It's pretty predictable, sure, but still ends up being one of the best courtroom dramas you'll ever see. Mostly thanks to Nicholson and Cruise and Sorkin's script.
August 14, 2016
Good acting and engaging story. Military mannerisms wrong.
½ August 12, 2016
Not a terrible movie, but had its bore. The most exciting part was Jack. "You can't handle the truth".
July 28, 2016
Certain aspects of this don't quite hold up over time, but when it's good, it's really good. Still I'm glad I caught up with this one.
July 28, 2016
One of the best movies I've seen in a long time. Impeccable acting, well written script, and good storyline. Impressive stuff
July 22, 2016
"You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives! You don't want the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall. We use words like "honor", "code", "loyalty". We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you", and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!" - Colonel Jessup

When the vary thing that makes something stand, it thinks less of us when the only thing that matters is it standing. When what we do comes at great importance that we have to make the decision to minimalize all other lease importances.
July 22, 2016
****
With great performances, in particular that of Jack Nicholson, and a well written script, 'A Few Good Men' succeeds as a well made court room drama, with the last 20 minutes reaching movie gold.