A Few Good Men - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Few Good Men Reviews

October 19, 2016

Best line in one of the best movies ever made about law and order in court.
½ September 11, 2016
Aaron Sorkin's script pops when it needs to but the direction is a bit flat in this courtroom drama based on the play. The acting is what holds everything together and its definitely one of the 90's staple films. Its worth seeing if you like the cast, great performances all around.
September 3, 2016
A relly good court case drama but even though he is only in it briefly, this film is worth watching for Nicholson.
August 29, 2016
Very good but I could have done without the romance element which seemed unnecessary and unconvincing. Jack Nicholson is formidable and clearly relishes playing this character.
On second viewing I up to 4 stars.
August 27, 2016
I finally got to see this classic that was an awesome court room drama. There are so many great things about this film but where it truly shines is the flawless acting.
August 21, 2016
It's pretty predictable, sure, but still ends up being one of the best courtroom dramas you'll ever see. Mostly thanks to Nicholson and Cruise and Sorkin's script.
August 14, 2016
Good acting and engaging story. Military mannerisms wrong.
½ August 12, 2016
Not a terrible movie, but had its bore. The most exciting part was Jack. "You can't handle the truth".
July 28, 2016
Certain aspects of this don't quite hold up over time, but when it's good, it's really good. Still I'm glad I caught up with this one.
July 28, 2016
One of the best movies I've seen in a long time. Impeccable acting, well written script, and good storyline. Impressive stuff
July 22, 2016
"You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives! You don't want the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall. We use words like "honor", "code", "loyalty". We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you", and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!" - Colonel Jessup

When the vary thing that makes something stand, it thinks less of us when the only thing that matters is it standing. When what we do comes at great importance that we have to make the decision to minimalize all other lease importances.
July 22, 2016
With great performances, in particular that of Jack Nicholson, and a well written script, 'A Few Good Men' succeeds as a well made court room drama, with the last 20 minutes reaching movie gold.
½ July 17, 2016
Obvious and predictable. Script could have been written by anyone while sitting on the toilet. Acting is so wooden that you really struggle to care about the outcome of the court case. The usually brilliant Jack Nicholson is forced to play the weakest corporal in the history of the US army.
June 29, 2016
One of the great courtroom dramas of cinema. Aaron Sorkin's first screenplay, based on a play he wrote. An All-star cast at their peak. The soundtrack is a bit overdramatic and a couple of the unknown actors were a bit lacking on talent, but otherwise it's a great film. Rating: 8.25 / 10
June 15, 2016
Naval attorney defends soldiers accused of murdering a fellow officer in this talky courtroom drama better suited for television.
½ June 3, 2016
A solid movie throughout. It never disappoints!
May 30, 2016
good film it's not a mind blower like eveyone said but it still a good film
May 3, 2016
Great court room drama with great performances all-around. Lost 1 star because the plot is about as compelling as a J.A.G. or L&O episode.
April 29, 2016
Love the court drama. That was pretty intense.
½ April 24, 2016
Decent performances by a stellar cast and thats the end of story. When I first watched, it felt like a serious version of My Cousin Vinny, no disrespect to either movies. Nicholson's over hyped monologue still is the identity of the movie.

Reviewed 2010