Field of Dreams - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Field of Dreams Reviews

September 21, 2017
Field of dreams is an excellent movie about baseball starring Kevin Costner, James Earl Jones, Ray Liotta and others! The story is based off of the book Shoeless Joe written by W.P Kinsella and is very well written. The movie contains great music, has very positive role models and is an amazing family togetherness movie to watch!
September 15, 2017
i dislike this sort of film
½ August 22, 2017
One of those rare movies that spins a magical tale and makes it look easy. Just a fantastic story about getting a chance to have a do-over with someone you love.
August 6, 2017
One of the best sports movies of all time!!!
½ July 15, 2017
Kinda nice baseball fantasy piece - original - although there are some basic problems from a structural viewpoint. Some contrived scenes that really stick out. Very watchable though - I'll go 7 out of 10
July 14, 2017
The binding of Isaac, but this time, set in Iowa. A movie of pure magic and metaphor, weaving themes of unrequited dreams, frustrated passions, the enduring character of America, gambles of faith, fatherhood, and baseball.
June 10, 2017
For our father's (and Father's Day), and their sons and daughters. Enjoy!
½ May 10, 2017
This son and father story perfectly mixes reality and fantasy into an everlasting story, just like Being There and Moonstruck. My only issue is that the beginning moves too fast, and gives too much at once.

Still, this is a fantasy masterpiece that every child needs to see like The Wizard Of Oz.
½ April 4, 2017
Studies have shown that nearly 98% of all males cry at the final scene. I was not exempt. Love this movie. A wonderfully original idea. The only draw-back is Costner's annoyingly screechy & hard-headed wife. The only place the film is found wanting is in her repelent demeanor. Otherwise, I love it. A beautiful idea. And a touching ending.
March 31, 2017
loved this movie, it's a annual tradition watching this before the new season starts.
March 14, 2017
A baseball movie of fantasy and you can see this movie and batter up!!!
½ March 1, 2017
Rating: 86%
With a moving script and emotional acting, Field of Dreams is an iconic and overall thought-provoking take on one of America's favorite sports.
February 21, 2017
An outright bloody gem.
February 2, 2017
Maybe it my age but I find this to be corny & a little overzealous on the religion front.
January 8, 2017
nominated for best picture by NBR and at oscars
December 19, 2016
A remarkably well-filmed modern-day fantasy that is driven by '80s sentiment but anchored by good spirits and humor.
December 7, 2016
45%
Kevin Costner is undeniably good, but the film is meant only for die hard baseball fans and the fantasy is too boring for people who have no idea about the baseball that's mentioned over here. Most of the drama feels manipulative and forced.
October 25, 2016
great cast. very cool to see how this all played out.
September 18, 2016
Field of Dreams had a good storyline and although it seemed silly at times I managed to look past that. Kevin Costner gave a great performance.

Listening to a strange voice he heard in his field one evening he builds a baseball field and baseball legends of the past appear. The voice says "build it and he will come". After almost having to sell his home and at the end of a long journey he ends up reconciling with his Father, something he never had a chance to do before he died and baseball was common ground.

Field of Dreams was a sentimental but enjoyable movie.
½ September 6, 2016
Pretty moving, if somewhat corny story about having the conviction to follow your dreams. The themes of redemption are well portrayed. Madigan and Jones are great in it.