Final Destination 5 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Final Destination 5 Reviews

November 19, 2016
Clever, unpredictable, and hilarious acting. Final Destination 5 is a surprising return to form that offers everything we love from the series and a cool plot twist.
November 12, 2016
Aside from its obvious devotion to the series' well-worn formula, Final Destination 5 actually brings a fresh twist to the table, and thanks to a terrific cast who contribute engaging performances, this conclusion serves as a rare sequel that does the same thing as its predecessors, only it does it a whole lot better.
½ October 25, 2016
The story and the cast are good, the visual effects aren't bad, and the death scenes are entertaining.

This is almost as good as the original.
August 30, 2016
Final Destination 5 is the best horror movies and suspense that have seen the accident the bridge is spectacular , deaths are packed with suspense and do ask the viewer on how to die the person, excellent 3D effects , great story , and very different from the previous end.
½ July 16, 2016
This movie is everything you have seen previously in the Final Destination franchise, even though the end has a satisficing twist, I can't say is worth your time watching if you're searching for something new or refreshing.
½ July 10, 2016
More of the same as the others. You really only care about watching the death scenes. However, the end scene is pretty cool with how they connect this to the first film.
½ July 3, 2016
the only resen y i lik it was because of the 3d
½ June 19, 2016
Final Destination 5 is a great step up to the franchise.Why it does have creative but yet cliched-well-worn kills it does bring more thrills into the series more suspense more blood and grizzly messes these leave.Final Destination 5 is modern day thriller unique to the genre promising more than just enough of the formula to make the series be a more refreshing and less recycled looking and orthodox films that only keep being made for a good paycheck
June 13, 2016
One of my favorite films. Ties up everything very well!
June 9, 2016
Surpreendentemente supera e muito os últimos filmes (o 4º em especial), dando novo fôlego à série. Muita tensão, mortes pra lá de inventivas e nojentas (yeah!), 3D de descolar a retina e literalmente pular da poltrona, e um final que...francamente, muito bem bolado!
June 1, 2016
It continues to follow the well worn formula of the series, but Final Destination 5 is an extremely rare sequel that does the same thing as its predecessors, only it does it a whole lot better.
May 31, 2016
The second best in the series after part 2
½ April 26, 2016
The gimmicks and set up will usually stay the same obviously, but the execution is done far better this time around.
April 1, 2016
In my opinion it had awesome death scenes, and a good surprising ending. However acting wasn't great, short film. Better then I thought it would be.
jamrcla
March 27, 2016
Good fifth part to the series but we've seen it all before, Apart from the deaths were a little more gory and the 3D was pretty good in places, I liked the way it tied in with the first film at the end.
March 15, 2016
What a staggeringly fun return to form, the series best since two. Inventive, cruel, and so much fun.
½ March 3, 2016
As good as the original if not better. It takes the original concept and finally adds something new. For diehard faithfuls of the franchise it's a return to something far more legitimate.
January 27, 2016
Once again a group has escaped Death's design. After four films, how does a series come back with something fresh and original? Well, Final Destination 5 changes up the rules so that a survivor can gain new life if they kill someone. And in addition to that, this new story weaves itself into the continuity of the previous films in an interesting way. But a Final Destination film is all about the elaborate death scenes, and 5 comes off as a bit weak in that area. A few of the deaths are teased out too long, and in general they don't strike the right balance between comedy and horror that is needed for a slasher of this kind. Final Destination 5 is an interesting new take on the series, but it isn't as enjoyable as the previous films.
January 14, 2016
Summary: Final Destination 5 delivers mind-blowing special effects, suspense, and an unforgettable bridge collapse sequence. 84/100 [B+]

Directed by Steven Quale, Final Destination 5 is undoubtedly the strongest installment of the franchise. Why? The script was improved and the movie is well-directed. The special effects were astonishing. The bridge collapse sequence was epic and unforgettable. This scene has the best CGI I have seen, everything looked so real. Also, the sound mixing and the editing were surprisingly well done. Final Destination 5 has the right director, writer and cast. The main character played by Nicholas D'Agosto did a good job, and his co-star Emma Bell clearly knows how to scream out loud, I loved her final scream in the bridge collapse scene. The rest of the cast was good enough, nothing special. Moving on, most of the characters were likable and I cared about them. There was only one character that was painfully annoying, Isaac performed by P.J. Byrne. He was unnecessary and silly.

This is my favorite movie of the franchise. Final Destination 5 may be as messy and pointlessly gory as the other installments of the franchise, but the difference here is that the script is better, and no line is wasted. Also, the movie had no jump scares, I loved that. The director created a suspenseful and scary atmosphere throughout the film. The death scenes were amazing, intense and sometimes exaggerated. Steven Quale has potential. He did a pretty good job with this movie, and must do more movies like this in the future. Anyway, my conclusion is that this entry is as messy as the previous installments, but the writing was improved, the suspense and the direction were neat too. I have heard that the 3D effects here were eye-popping, I can not wait to see it on 3D. Surely FD5 has flaws, but I do not care, it was entertaining as hell to me. I highly recommend it for fans of the franchise. [B+]
January 13, 2016
Final Destination 5 is the better of the Final Destination films and has a very clever ending.