Final Destination 5 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Final Destination 5 Reviews

½ August 14, 2017
The best movie of the series. Quale's safe direction and a very original script, keep "Final Destination 5" very away of the useless formula we saw on the previous films. It's dark and gory.
August 4, 2017
This movie was awesome
July 7, 2017
Great installment. Adds some layers to the mythology, interesting characters, and just the right amount of meta.
½ July 1, 2017
:D I think those deaths were great and 3D effect was so good. XD
½ June 16, 2017
This film is very predictable. The deaths are so over the top that they are unrealistic. I didn't feel tension till the last 20 minutes. The resteraunt scene at the end is the only suspenseful scene. But, it's so cheesy that its kinda funny. If you want to see cheesy over the top deaths, than watch this film. If not, don't watch it.

Rating: 5.4/10
April 23, 2017
Aside from its obvious devotion to the series' well-worn formula, Final Destination 5 actually brings a fresh twist to the table, and thanks to a terrific cast who contribute engaging performances, this conclusion serves as a rare sequel that does the same thing as its predecessors, only it does it a whole lot better.
February 27, 2017
4/5. Easily the best in the series. Fun deaths, decent characters, and an awesome twist, what more could you ask for?
February 20, 2017
Genius film in a few ways, it's a prequel to the original without even telling you. I didn't notice till the end like most, but there's many hints. For example the songs playing on the radio, the flip phones, the vehicles. This movie was great and quite possibly the best in the series. Why it's rated so low is beyond me.
February 11, 2017
Make another final destination movie come on already!! I love this franchise!
January 31, 2017
The first movie was better than this
½ December 31, 2016
Final Destination 5 is definitely an improvement over its predecessor. It is very clear that this is a very serious horror comedy. Every instance of tragic comedy in this film is used at the right time and executed pretty well. What holds this movie back is just incoherency on the fact that this is a comedy. Not everyone will understand this film and why it holds purpose. Most people who watch it will just claim it's a very bad film, rather than a comedy which makes fun of bad movies.

It had very original and creative ways of killing off its characters but for what? It feels like all of the characters are too one-sided and intentionally stupid, with almost zero character diversity. Almost nothing makes the characters special as individuals.

But, all in all, it's not a bad film. It's merely a mediocre film and basically the same as every other film in the franchise. It's pretty fun to watch, but no everything makes sense and you feel no loss when any of the characters die.
December 28, 2016
Well, I thought the formula for these flicks was far past played out. This installment proves to be rather entertaining. Although the plot and acting are still par for the course, there were a few twists which actually managed to keep the premise semi-fresh. Overall, it might even be the best in the series, although I'd rather not swear to it.
½ December 28, 2016
wow finally they made what they should have been making. a fun horror movie. this one is so much better than the previous ones, only the first is close. they didn't try to get too complex with the story, and everything made sense. there was finally some semblance of characters and motivations. great music. and creative and beastly accident scenes. i actually cared about the characters dying, and it got me to drop my jaw a bunch of times. this movie is highly entertaining. they also eased up on the ridiculously complex ways that these accidents happen. in the last two, death would go through like 10 steps that lead to the accident when it could have been so much simpler. and you could tell this felt like a real movie with good directing and well shot scenes. also lots of funny moments and good banter (1 viewing)

SPOILERS

it was a really cool ending to connect with the first movie, and the fact that it all took place in 2000. so much better than what they tried in the fourth movie, to have some supposed twist that makes ZERO sense and isn't even really one
½ December 20, 2016
the best of final destination saga, maybe doesn't make me feel with afraid but yes with a little of suspene
November 19, 2016
Clever, unpredictable, and hilarious acting. Final Destination 5 is a surprising return to form that offers everything we love from the series and a cool plot twist.
½ October 25, 2016
The story and the cast are good, the visual effects aren't bad, and the death scenes are entertaining.

This is almost as good as the original.
August 30, 2016
Final Destination 5 is the best horror movies and suspense that have seen the accident the bridge is spectacular , deaths are packed with suspense and do ask the viewer on how to die the person, excellent 3D effects , great story , and very different from the previous end.
½ July 16, 2016
This movie is everything you have seen previously in the Final Destination franchise, even though the end has a satisficing twist, I can't say is worth your time watching if you're searching for something new or refreshing.
½ July 10, 2016
More of the same as the others. You really only care about watching the death scenes. However, the end scene is pretty cool with how they connect this to the first film.
½ July 3, 2016