Flashpoint Reviews

• Nov 25, 2017

The premise that two border patrol agents discover the remains of a possible second gunmen in the JFK assassination in South Texas is intriguing enough for a movie in itself, and by a creative team, possibly even stretched out to a limited run TV series. Why, then, add in a subplot about the border patrol being replaced by computers? Or dedicate so much narrative time to the cartel's drop schedule? Or let the camera linger for so, so, so long on Kris Kristofferson's (admittedly impressive) naked sixpack? Maybe a JFK movie should leave you asking questions, but just not these questions.

• Aug 07, 2015

I love movies that have an entire plotline of their own, but ends up tying in to an historical event that has been controversial or wrapped in mystery, which in the end, offers an alternative to the popular belief. Another example would be The Hunt For Red October.

• May 26, 2014

I somewhat know why HBO does not want people to know about this film but it is a good movie. Kris Kristofferson kills Kirkwood Smith over the gun that shot JFK. Come on people it is something that needs to be watched.

• May 26, 2014

This is a pretty good movie! I thought it would be a cheesy action flick but I was wrong. Great story and a great cast. This is worth checking out.

• Nov 01, 2013

I always like to plug obscure films that are also good. Especially films about the JFK Assassination. This film shows how the Federal government could try to cover up who was behind the JFK Assassination. The film was well acted. But I did not like how the film fails to really come up with a concrete theory on who was behind the assassination & why JFK was killed. The film does loosely suggest that the Dallas Police & the Federal government was behind the killing. But fail to explain why. My interpretation would suggest that the film also implies that JFK was killed at least partly because he wanted to get rid of the Federal Reserve System & supported the silver backing of currency. This could have been a great movie; if it would have had a theory to analyze. I personally believe that LBJ along with the Military-Industrial Complex & the Business establishment had him killed, because he wanted to get out of Vietnam, JFK wanted to cut the oil depletion allowance, and wanted to dump the Federal Reserve. He was a large threat to the Texas Oligarchy that essentially runs the country. JFK was killed more due to economics than anything else. I am well read on the subject for more than 20 years. The Texas Oil Barons were also huge lobbyists for the Vietnam War. I do think that this film was better than Ruby (1992). I do not think it was as good as JFK or Executive Action or The Trial of Lee Harvey Oswald (1976). I think that Executive Action was the best in this genre. Flashpoint has a lot to say about our government & about life. It's cynical but also very entertaining. It was actually better, than I thought it would be. The film was also way ahead of its time in predicting the surveillance state of the Federal government. Really good performances from Torn & Kristofferson. Don't miss this one.

• Jun 06, 2013

Very good crime yarn about 2 border patrols who undercover a wack load of cash and a dead body from the 1960's. Another instance of how much knowledge the american government covers up and controls and what we need to know and how much they want us to know.

• Apr 21, 2013

Great thriller. Solid story. you will not forget this movie after you see it. I saw it when I was 16. I still remember it.

• Feb 06, 2013

Had never hear of this film prior to viewing but liked it quite a bit. Two Texas border patrol guards find a jeep buried for two decades with $800k in it and possible ties to the Kennedy assassination. Good support cast, particularly Kurtwood Smith, who plays a great bad guy. He just looks like the type of person neighbours would describe as someone "who kept to himself" after bad things come out about him.

• Feb 08, 2012

My parents watched this when I was a teenager and they wouldn't let me watch it cause it was inappropriate. It was pretty good.

• Oct 24, 2011

Wow, this would've been even better with an authentic western soundtrack instead of... ugh, Tangerine Dream. Other than that, I think they could've tried to hint at the mystery man's identity a little more at the library. Other than that, a reasonably solid story.