Four Lions - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Four Lions Reviews

November 25, 2016
This movie is great in so many strange ways. An absurdist comedy about UK Islamic terrorism and satirizing the entire concept.
½ November 16, 2016
Good comedy! I enjoyed it and there are some laugh out loud moments
½ August 24, 2016
Very tightly written, well acted, and insanely funny. Enough levity and ridiculousness to shake off some(but not all) of the darkness.
August 15, 2016
When dancing... lost in techno trance. Arms flailing, gawky Bez. Then find you snagged on frowns, and slowly dawns... you're jazzing to the bleep tone of a life support machine, that marks the steady fading of your day old baby daughter. And when midnight sirens lead to blue-flash road-mash. Stretchers, covered heads, and slippy red macadam, and find you creeping 'neath the blankets, to snuggle close a mangle bird, hoping soon you too will be freezer drawered. Then welcome... mmm... ooh, chemotherapy wig, welcome. In Jam. Jam. Jam. Jam. Jam. Jaaaaam.
½ August 10, 2016
Great black comedy that shows just how idiotic the ideology of suicide bombings are. It's funny, sometimes brutally funny.
jamrcla
July 18, 2016
A very unique film that i'm struggling to decide if I enjoyed it or not, I laughed a few times but it was not what I was expecting, Over hyped but an ok watch just don't expect a comedy masterpeice.
½ July 10, 2016
Who knew terrorism could be so hilarious?
½ July 9, 2016
This is so good. The villains/heroes are so stupid and real that I can't bring myself to hate them. This movie left me with a feeling of pity for those almost-legit terrorists.
April 29, 2016
Easily the best comedy i've watched in a long long time, i laughed like there's no tomorrow, Well done boys well done
½ March 31, 2016
and the stereotyping goes on!
March 24, 2016
A good attempt to show what true buffoons look like , however the global situation I wouldn't recommend this movie at this point of time in our lives. Such movies only go on to add the mindset of non muslims
½ March 8, 2016
Poor satire about 'Jihadism' gone wrong in a northern city (I wonder where?).
I must admit I was taken in by the trailer hook, line and sinker.
I was so bored on occasions I only found amusement playing I spy with the Sheffield filming locations.
Directed by Chris Morris, the not funny satirist who has caused controversy with some of his television shows in the UK including Brass Eye.
I am only surprised the film appears to have been rated so highly by some film critics snd viewers. I certainly won't watch ever again.
½ January 31, 2016
What happens when you combine Jihad and a dead pan British sense of humour? You get 9 awards for outstanding screenplay, film, acting and comedy!

The movie tales the story of four men who have a secret plan of becoming bombers in the UK. Needless to say, it definitely falls squarely in the black comedy folder and one that should not be missed, as it is very entertaining.

Remember, true comedy skills means being able to make fun of the mundane, boring and the serious, and the writing here does that in spades.

Definitely something something unique and out there on left field... And you know what? Sometimes going there can be very educational, not to mention, fascinating.
January 25, 2016
I'm late to the party one this one.

This got recommended to me recently.

There are some really funny moments, just not enough of them.

Great job from Kayvan Novak.

[6/10]
January 16, 2016
While this movie seemed like it could have a lot of promise, ultimately the poor picture quality and even worse audio quality made it unwatchable for me. The actors' inability to speak a single sentence without mumbling made it even worse. It seemed like there were probably many good jokes in it, but unfortunately I couldn't even hear the jokes. Also, if you watched the trailer, you basically saw all the funny parts.
December 25, 2015
It was strange, to taste the humour, and realise that the aftertaste was quite unfunny, and serious, and poignant, and beautiful. I've never tasted anything quite like it.
December 11, 2015
Great movie! A must watch for those who want to see how messed up terrorists most likely are. I also have a soft spot for it because it was filmed in the suburb where I was born (Heeley). But it really is a great film, especially since it takes what is a sensitive topic and makes fun of it without being callous or demonizing anyone.
December 9, 2015
Intelligent satire that also surprisingly emotional
½ November 22, 2015
People were talking about this movie on reddit today, so I deicded to give it a watch. As a Canadian, I laughed hard at a lot of the situational comedy jokes, but I didn't get what the movie was trying to say.

Is it a culture thing? I wasn't sure if the movie was trying to romanticize jihadists, or if it was a parody. I liked the movie, but I'm pretty confused...what were the filmmakers trying to make me feel?
October 24, 2015
Divertida de principio a fin, Four Lions es una lograda parodia sobre el terrorismo y el radicalismo, que hace del humor negro, la irreverencia, y lo absurdo, literalmente, sus principales armas. Comedia y humor del mejor nivel.