Les Nuits de la pleine lune (Full Moon in Paris) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Les Nuits de la pleine lune (Full Moon in Paris) Reviews

November 28, 2015
Is there such thing as a bad Eric Rohmer movie? I've yet to find one and I doubt I ever will
December 29, 2012
My first ever Rohmer film and I can honestly say that I've never seen anything quite like it before. Almost nothing truly physical happens; it's all character and dialogue driven. However, it's both fascinating and engrossing in the most unusual and satisfying way.
October 14, 2012
One of the better titles in the Comedies and Proverbs series (though that's not saying much coming from me.) If there's that much talking in a movie the dialogue has to be witty or clever to keep my interest.
February 27, 2012
excellent comedy of manners
½ October 1, 2011
Pascale Ogier is delightful in this Eric Rohmer dramedy.
August 27, 2011
A voir sans hà (C)sitation aucune !
½ January 15, 2010
good one, luchini doesn't talk too much and pascale ogier is perfect for the role.
January 10, 2009
Louise (played by the ille-fated Pascale Ogier who died of a heart attack a short time after this film was released) is catnip for the many men in her life, and she likes the fluidity of things. She should be irritating as someone to spend an hour and a half of a movie with, but there's an edge of wistfulness to her self-centeredness.
November 3, 2008
I'll admit it, there are moments in this film when you think either a) "why won't they stop TALKING" or b) w"ow, there were some hideous design choices made in the 80s," but that in no way overwhelms the gentle power of Rohmer's philosophical minimalism. What it all adds up to is that while it may be a little odd to watch, the rewards of watching it are vast. Seriously, if you watch it, that makes sense.
August 14, 2008
wonder if I would still love this movie. Was very impressed 24 years ago...
August 2, 2008
eric rohmer tells it like it is
quite different from the usual rompypompy style we usually see
April 3, 2008
Another good Rohmer. Eighties fashion at its worst.
January 19, 2008
fan de Rohmer ,ce film ma fait exploser ma passion pour certain films francais
December 30, 2007
Eric Rohmer's pure cinema is always a joy to watch, he's probably the only member of the 'french new wave' to have truly retained the movements original aesthetics. Within these restrictions his characters are able to thrive and breath.
December 5, 2007
People are non-stop talkers, but they are not who they say they are...