Galveston Reviews

• Jul 23, 2019

This film is about people that have had a tough life. The audience is taken on their journey, living that tough life. The acting is good, and the plot is interesting. However, while I feel for the characters. I really don't need to watch people in miserable situations, and have the story drag along from one sadness to another. I was never bored, but I don't think that I would have spent the time. To view this film, had I known more about the plot. I have real life all around me. So I prefer lighter entertainment, that allows me to forget about some of the misery in the world.

• Apr 29, 2019

An emotional ride more than anything. Spends a lot of time interacting without any action.

• Apr 14, 2019

Galveston is a short, sharp, dark descent into the underbelly of America. It doesn't break any new ground in the thriller genre but thanks to a tight script and fine acting it's a rewarding ride. It's a very grim film that deals in human misery and redemption. Set in the late 80s Ben Foster plays a hit man who is snarled in a dangerous situation that he barely manages to escape. In his escape he hits the road with Raquel, a young woman with a rough life. They escape to Galveston, with danger tracking them wherever they go. Foster, as usual, is superb in the lead. He is surely one of the most under rated actors on the planet. Even though it has a short running time I feel it could have been given a longer treatment to flesh out more of the story. It ends rather abruptly, leaving me actually wanting more.

I feel warm after watching the movie

I feel warm after watching the movie

• Mar 27, 2019

The most touching movie EVAH!!

The most touching movie EVAH!!

• Mar 27, 2019

A heart-rending story ever I`ve seen. The relationship between Roy and Rocky isn`t obvious we can imagine this 'Crime/Drama' materials.

• Mar 27, 2019

It is a loose version of the movie "You Were Never Really Here" by Lynne Ramsay, of course with their respective changes. But neither the great performance of Ben Foster can save this disaster.

• Mar 08, 2019

Good performances and solid storyline help push this bittersweet thriller over the line.

• Feb 21, 2019

Galveston promises a gritty on the run chase.. When in reality it never really gets going. The plot line of the Mob maybe takes up 20 mins of the film, while the rest is focused on the awkward relationship between the two main actors. The acting is solid but let down by the slow pace that never really ends up going anywhere.

• Feb 08, 2019

Fine movie with a classic revenge plot.

Fine movie with a classic revenge plot.