Galveston Reviews

• 5h ago

A good start with a terrible middle but a better ending, is what I can say about this movie.

• Sep 15, 2020

Galveston has excellent acting from stars Foster and Fanning, but it is an extremely uneven movie with a plodding, and ultimately unsatisfying story.

• Aug 30, 2020

It's slow moving for sure and the ending is just heartbreaking. It reminded me of The Florida Project with more violence. Hollywood tries to pretend that these people don't exist but they most certainly do.

• Jul 25, 2020

It's dark ad dark crime drama that catches you by surprise by the end. Slow at times but the acting is great.

• Jul 17, 2020

Slow, boring, little plot, devoid of interest. One wonders why such a film is made? None of the characters is worth following. Don't waste your time.

• Jun 19, 2020

Roy is a hitman for the mob who is set up on his next job by his boss who wants rid of him. After narrowly escaping the double cross, he goes on the run and reluctantly agrees to take a young woman with him who was being held captive in the place he was sent to. From here it is a road movie as two lost souls desperately try to escape their past to secure their furture with very bloody consequences. Galveston is a pretty intense crime drama with 2 great leads in Ben Foster and Elle Fanning. It is pretty brutal and shocking in places, there is one scene in particular that stayed with me for a long time afterwards that I wasn't expecting, mostly because it leaves your imagination to work out what happened rather than depicting the violence on screen but even still, it is pretty obvious what ocurred and its not the end result I was imaging when I first started watching. The coldness and brutality of the story perhaps detracts a little from the emotional core which would leave us feeling more for these characters but its still a worth while crime thriller.

• Jun 18, 2020

Ben Foster was great. Rough and rugged cinematography. Great ending.

Ben Foster was great. Rough and rugged cinematography. Great ending.

• Jun 11, 2020

Enjoyed it 1 of those movies that just entertain me

Enjoyed it 1 of those movies that just entertain me

• Jun 05, 2020

Under-rated. Hard core, brilliant acting and an excellent movie if you are not looking for something light and forgettable. Hubby and I both on the edge of our seats. Disturbing and violent themes which pull al the heart stings.

• May 30, 2020

Well, that was depressing. A few little twists here and there. It was well-directed but maybe missing a bit of spark.