G.I. Joe: Retaliation - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

G.I. Joe: Retaliation Reviews

February 22, 2017
Awesome and also better than the first
January 19, 2017
Slight improvement over the first one.
January 16, 2017
This movie is action packed and cool
jamrcla
December 7, 2016
After having a very long delay to convert it into 3D and what ever other problems it had its finally arrived and it's allot of fun, The 3D was brilliant so the delay paid off, It was a reboot but also a sequel so it felt kind of weird but you soon forget about it, I was suprised that one of the main cast was killed off, The action was good but not great, The effects were well used and very good, Dwayne Johnson puts in a solid performance that makes it as good as it is, Go for the 3D and the effects and Dwayne and you will enjoy it, If you go for story and amazing action scenes you will be dissapointed.
½ November 16, 2016
A little confusing. Not as good as the original. Love the rock. Wish there was more Channing Tatum in the movie.
½ November 14, 2016
Ya can't have the joes with out ripcord or duke
October 6, 2016
A lot of cool characters but a crappy movie
September 28, 2016
First movie is much better.
½ September 16, 2016
Fun n exciting good action but bland story
July 25, 2016
Dwayne Johnson is the star and an amaze to recomeback.
Bruce Willis does all the action and the movies with exploding cars,
Channing tatum is the rival of all sins.
This movie fails to try and complete the success.
Gi. Joe 2: Retaliation is badly made and horribly directed, I thought it would be directed by the asshole (Michael Bay!) But It wasn't! Thank You!
This Film is still stupid!

Score: 2.5/10
½ July 23, 2016
Honestly, I was expecting more from this sequel. The first movie was terrible, but it was a funny kind of terrible and I hoped that would continue in this film. Sadly, this is no where as funny as the first movie. The only keeping this movie from legit terribleness are few cool action scenes(the ninja battle is fantastic), The Rock's charisma, and a few "so bad, they're funny" moments. Outside of that, you're better off watching the first movie.
½ June 20, 2016
Pretty surprising beginning to the film as it continues the storyline set in the first film. Dwayne Johnson steps into the spotlight in this one as Roadblock and is great. The action sequences are well done even if the movie as a whole is still not all that great, at least it's better than the first one. Still hoping Sgt. Slaughter makes an appearance eventually.
½ June 1, 2016
Can the Rock save a possible franchise after all the characters from the first film are killed off in the first 10 minutes?the answer is ALMOST.
½ May 27, 2016
The movie keeps going on, and on, meanwhile you are bored before it get's to the 30 minute mark.
April 10, 2016
Based on the first movie.
April 3, 2016
facts about white house are wrong 35 bathrooms and more than 11 bedrooms plus they killed channing Tatum off way way way too early
½ April 2, 2016
Not a bad movie, but I would recommend waiting until it comes out on red box or Netflix. This movie was a little to unrealistic for my taste and it was over acted. also im not sure if many people care about this but the CGI wasn't very good either. To sum it up, good movie but could have been done a lot better, and I enjoyed the first movie more better actors overall.
March 22, 2016
Shockingly, the G.I. Joe sequel is much more entertaining than the first. Does it make it a good film? No. Still, it retains its value as a quick, stupid and fun ride.
½ March 18, 2016
Wiped out the majority of the original cast. It was kind of a let down much like the last Transformers - Age of Extinction.
March 14, 2016