The Graduate Reviews

• 2d ago

The Graduate is a tale of two stories for me, the first half had me glued to the screen and I enjoyed every second of it. The second half dived deep into a love story that I just didn't buy. I was still highly invested in the story but was scratching my head a little at a few decisions made. Everything seemed to happen too fast and It became somewhat implausible. Still it was always entertaining and I will definitely rewatch and add it to my collection!

• Feb 17, 2020

im crying bcs of maria subira

im crying bcs of maria subira

• Feb 16, 2020

Horrible Movie, Horrible Writing, Horrible Plot, besides that it was just horrible.

• Feb 13, 2020

You do not want to miss this movie

You do not want to miss this movie

• Feb 10, 2020

A wonderful film about existential post graduation identity crisis, led by an perfectly and inexorably awkward performance by Dustin Hoffman playing the type of character we all know, may have met, may even have been sometimes or for some reasons, but that is rarely committed to film with such fervour and knowing and dedication; the little noises and line readings, the evolution, the angst and the depression are all in his eyes and his mannerisms. And if that wasn't enough to make the film so watchable and so funny and rife with pathos, Mike Nichols is the kind of Director from a school and a time when the work could be analysed completely; every frame and every move and every decision means something so simple and so powerful that it's a joy to watch all the way to the iconic and painful and sympathetic ending.

• Jan 30, 2020

It's brilliantly directed but by the final act it becomes hyperbolic, with a lead protagonist that becomes increasingly harder to like.

• Jan 28, 2020

Although The Graduate is known to be a classic film about a man being in a relationship with a married woman while talking to the woman's daughter, I found the movie to be a little slow and boring because it lacked excitment and drama until the end of the movie. It was also weird to watch how stalkerish Ben kind of was throughout the movie.

• Dec 30, 2019

The soundtrack is perfect for the Graduate

The soundtrack is perfect for the Graduate

• Nov 28, 2019

One of the best films of all time. Excellent acting and direction.

One of the best films of all time. Excellent acting and direction.

• Nov 16, 2019

Here are the problems I personally have with this movie: 1. First the movie tries to establish a reletable character by talking about the pressure he is put on. Then he liberates himself, but because that liberation means acting dumb and stalking, he loses all relatabilty. 2. Most people on this movie happen to be weird, which leaves the movie with a total of 0 likeable characters. 3. The progression of this movie is obvious from the first hint. 4. Some of the comedic moments don't land. 5. Kinda romanticizes stalking and undermines harassement towards men.