Happy Gilmore - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Happy Gilmore Reviews

March 29, 2018
This and Billy Madison are Sandler's true classics. It's all downhill after this.
March 3, 2018
Yeah its stupid, immature, and like most sports comedy films but...it is pretty funny. With a funny villain, funny cameos, and a few guilty pleasure funny lines, Happy Gilmore is just a dumb yet pretty funny movie.
January 31, 2018
Sandler's best movie by far and will put you in a happy place. It will have some immaturity and slapstick humor, but a highly more tolerable amount than his other films.
January 18, 2018
Fantastic film, Bob Barker and Adam Sandler work off each other so well in this movie. It's a film I've grown up with and will continue to watch many many years from now.
January 12, 2018
I can imagine that if one didn't like Adam Sandler's brand of comedy, this movie would be torture. Even as a lower case "f" fan of Mr. Sandler's early nonsense Happy Gilmore is occasionally tedious. It is also pretty funny and that is all that matters.
The most interesting part of the movie was realizing that the female lead is in fact a very young Julie Bowen.
½ December 25, 2017
Adam Sandler in his better days.
December 17, 2017
Still most mirthsome
December 13, 2017
13/12/17 - Still a great family comedy. Good advertising and product placement by subway. I bought a sub half way through the movie.
November 12, 2017
Best Adam Sandler movie every
½ September 16, 2017
Happy Gilmore is a very funny and entertaining movie. The plot doesn't feel too formulaic but it does feel familiar enough to draw you in to the movie. Most of the jokes actually hit in this movie even if they were reused a couple of times throughout the movie. I can definitely say that Happy Gilmore is Adam Sandler's best movie. But if you don't like him or his type of humor, you won't have a whole lot of fun with this movie. A-
September 10, 2017
his best film in my opinion
September 7, 2017
Adam Sandler is just such a hilarious actor he makes me laugh a lot for most of the movies I have seen a man I would say that he does great!
August 14, 2017
Happy Gilmore is a funny movie with a competent plot. That is really all I have to say about it.
½ July 28, 2017
If you're only going to see one Adam Sandler movie, see this one! Best Comedy of all Time!
½ July 20, 2017
Although the humour relies on juvenile antics and crudity, it manages to work since it is pleasantly funny.
½ July 7, 2017
Not as funny or as fresh as Billy Madison, but is the better movie. Adam Sandler is fine here as Happy Gilmore, but there is just something missing.
½ June 29, 2017
Happy Gilmore is a fun movie, but it lacks on the comedy and general story.
June 29, 2017
I can't see how anyone could no like this film. Yeah it's incredibly stupid but it's very funny. It's features a great performance from Christopher McDonald as Shooter McGavin and Carl Weathers is great as Chubbs. I must've seen this movie 20 times and I still find it funny.
June 2, 2017