Happy Gilmore - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Happy Gilmore Reviews

½ October 16, 2016
Before Adam Sandler trashed his career today. He actually made some pretty funny movies. This is one of them. Happy Gilmore is a diehard hilarious comedy. Good enough for a rental and maybe a purchase
½ October 12, 2016
classic comedy staring one of the goats of comedy. Good ole happy just wanted to be a hockey player but no matter how many baseballs he let hit him in the chest in the batting cage to get tough he was born to be a golfer. He needs to make quick cash to buy his beloved Grannys house back to keep her away from a crazy mean doctor at nursing home (ben stiller). He has to battle shooter mcgavin on the golf course and will get help with lessons from a familar face in poplular sports movies Apollo greed. funny movie thats stood the test of time
½ October 10, 2016
One of Adam Sandler's better film than recently
½ October 5, 2016
One of my favorite Adam Sandler movies. A little too much swearing, but generally funny.
September 25, 2016
Great juvenile fun, carried along by Sandler, firing on all of his silliest cylinders, but it really works here.
He's most accessible in this one, and you will find a big percolating joy that flourishes though the whole movie.
If you don't mind Sandler reliving high school as an all-lucky-hits success with plenty of goofing around, then this is the comedy for you.
Also, If you've ever been frustrated by golf as in getting a lucky shot and spending the rest of your time trying unsuccessfully to recreate that lucky shot, well, this movie will give you some grins.
The Bob Barker scene is brilliant -
Worth the rental price alone.

4 running gold swings out of 5
September 15, 2016
If not the best, one of the best Sandler comedies I've seen. A real-life setting well mixed with some cartoony elements. While it may be cartoony, it still somehow remains funny enough and engaging enough along with Happy Gilmore himself being the worthy protagonist for this slapstick film. If you're in the right moment, this one is fun, entertaining in it's simplest form, and probably one of the more memorable movies involving Sandler as a primary character.
September 5, 2016
Adam Sandler in his prime and one of his best films. Happy Gilmore is a funny, heartwarming tale of a young man's journey through golf and an unforgettable cameo
August 28, 2016
The whole movie was funny, except for Chubbs' present, but the clown scene was especially hilarious. This was Adam Sandler's best movie, and I watched it countless times growing up.
August 5, 2016
Happy Gimore is a Sad Story. Just Kidding, It's Hilarious. The Best Movie of Adam Sandler's career and quite possibly the funniest movie of all time. This movie also has the best fight ever created and has some pretty memorable deaths. Way Better than "Caddyshack", and more memorable characters . This movie is the definition of Awesomness.!
July 27, 2016
Happy Gilmore pleasantly surprised me. It was a funny, enjoyable comedy with good, although over the top, performances. There are morals in it though, it promotes themes of loyalty, coping with loss and doing the right thing. I love Carl Weathers character but having said that I like all of the main cast and the cameos are funny as well.
½ July 20, 2016
Best Adam Sandler movie I've ever seen. Happy Gilmore was a hockey player who had several outbursts when he was a child and after living with his grandma he finds out from the irs that if his grandmother doesn't pay the loan in 3 months, they're selling the house. So Happy by accident figures out how to pay them money, and of course, it's golf. In an odd time it had some silly moments but most of this I found, absolutely funny. Those were the old days when Adam Sandler was really funny, unlike most of the movies that he's been producing, writing and performing, his movies like the Waterboy, Big Daddy, Little Nicky, Mr Deeds, Deuce Bigalow sequels (produced by Sandler for Rob Schneider), Chuck and Larry, Grown Ups sequel, Pixels and the Ridiculous Six were totally the worst. But Happy Gilmore and the Wedding Singer was the only time Adam Sandler was really funny.
July 18, 2016
Abit silly in places but it had it moments, Nothing memorable and it was very predictable.
July 5, 2016
Sandler when he was truly a funny comic.

Grade: B+
June 13, 2016
Happy Gilmore did make me happy. Adam Sandler was comedy gold in the 90's and this is just one of his best 90's film. This movie is hilarious and impossible not to laugh. I would suggest this movie.
June 12, 2016
Very good. A classic Sandler flick.
June 10, 2016
This is the funniest Adam Sandler movie ever! Those who don't find it funny must need a funny bone! Lol
May 24, 2016
88% Yet another Sandler flick with wacky humor that fans of his will enjoy thoroughly. This time, the movie has been laughed with by more even more sorts of people, providing a good dose of slapstick as well.
April 8, 2016
Looks like the best adam sandler film ever, but i can't be fucked.
½ April 6, 2016
Another classic Sandler film, less with his romantic charm side and more with his never give up side as he finds a talent for golf and enters a golf tournament to save his grandmother's house, full of abusivie and competitive comedy, this is one funny flick to be adored by any Sandler fan, smooth and charmingly funny, a classic feel good film.
½ February 24, 2016
Wow! Does this not stand up to my memories.