Hercules - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hercules Reviews

June 25, 2017
I was looking for a better story here. Not the case. Great fighting scenes though.
½ June 19, 2017
Not perfect by any means, but this demi-god tale offers a more down to earth, haunting and action-packed story backed by an impressive cast and Dwayne Johnson's refreshing performance.
June 15, 2017
Really? Are movies like this the reason people stereotypically think of The Rock as an action hero star? Well...we've come a long way from Conan and Gladiator.
June 13, 2017
If I could describe this movie in a word, it would be "watchable"
½ June 7, 2017
The Almighty "HERCULES" has arrived. This is better than the other movie "The Legend of Hercules".
½ May 28, 2017
When we see that we are the son of a God, with extra ordinary power that that make us among Gods when tales sre told of our adventures. When we see we are extra ordinary with no power but great ability to lead a small group mercenaries to do God's work. When we are seen as a god on the battle field but a criminal of a man at home to be framed for in the eyes of kings for be slaved warrior. When what we see torments us when we don't see our weaknesses as a man to make us less godly. When we see that we are a man and god who 7th good to gain favour by the God's when all we seek is good in humanity and God's to free ourselves, and unleash the strength within us that conquerors bad. When what frees us is seeing clearly in what enslaved us to gain super human strength and live the legend that is destined for us to live.
May 28, 2017
Wasn't as good as the animated version, but it still was really good!
May 15, 2017
El desarrollo de la historia es bastante tedioso, aburriendo en buena parte. Lo mejor son los efectos en combates, nada mas que destaque
May 5, 2017
Hercules does not try to do anything special and for the most part this can be considered a film that is very conventional and definitely becomes distracted from some of the ideas that it presents. For example it tells us that Hercules is not really a demigod and the Greek gods do not even exist in this film. This is a very interesting and smart idea in my opinion if you're going to make a live action Hercules film, but then it makes Johnson do things that simply are not human, especially in the final act. As for as the cast goes, The Rock I found to be an excellent fit as Hercules, and Ian McShane was also very good. Everyone else is fine and John Hurt played John Hurt. Action scenes were gratefully very well directed, and the film pulled off a surprising feat of being the hardest PG-13 film I think I've ever seen. Blood and scenes of Johnson blasting enemies with his club into outer space were common. There were even a few scenes showing Johnson's on screen family dead and covered in blood (not a spoiler) the film also had a solid twist to it. Overall, Hercules is the definition of dumb fun, and that was all I expected, and my expectations were met.
May 2, 2017
Not impressed with .
May 1, 2017
I saw this movie and it's not my favorite it's too complicated of a movie
April 30, 2017
Enjoyed it. Different take on the story, and it worked pretty well.
April 21, 2017
Wow...Rock what happened? This was awful
½ April 20, 2017
Brutal muscles and brutal lack of brains. Fight for justice, injustice, for whatever, its an entourage of mercenaries, displaying body physique and endless slaugther.
½ April 12, 2017
2 1/2 stars

Not awful, but not good by any means.
½ March 21, 2017
Completely worthless in every way, the best parts from the trailer were shown in the opening montage.
March 14, 2017
Maybe not the best movie of 2014, but at least the best Hercules movie of 2014.
½ February 28, 2017
Definitely not high art or faithful to the legend, but I really enjoyed this action movie. Dwayne Johnson is personable and tough as nails as the hero. He leads a small bad of mercenaries into scrapes that seem too big for the group to handle but are used to help him forget the murder of his wife and children, possibly by his own hand. The question of whether he is merely a mortal or a demi-god plays in the background and is answered satisfactorily. Good movie.
½ February 24, 2017
Psychological warfare 101. But GD the missed opportunities. Damn.
February 18, 2017
I thought it was the best hercules I watched. Action packed.