Hercules - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hercules Reviews

½ May 20, 2018
About half way into this I realised I really do watch a lot of crappy films.
April 4, 2018
This was much worse than I expected. Dwane Johnson's portrayal of Hercules is almost cheesier than the LEGEND OF HERCULES flop that somehow sanctioned a theatrical release six months before this came out Plagued with foreseen polished over EVERYTHING, and a plotline so unimaginative that I've seen better HE-MAN episodes; this alternate version proves that nothing less than an "un-idealized rendition of the myth", could possibly make Hercules any more interesting.
April 3, 2018
Good movie and interesting story along with a good cast
½ April 2, 2018
Much like Momoa's Conan, this is a fun action movie. The casting is perfect, the characters are likeable. Plot twists are welcome.
March 26, 2018
Dwayne johnson are Badass Hercules
January 22, 2018
This deconstruction of fantasy and myth bears just enough wit, just enough charm, and just enough heart to carry it through. It treads in usual lands, minus the audience's burden of minding that it does. Not for the lactose intolerant.
½ December 4, 2017
"Hercules" is cheerfully ridiculous and mildly amusing. With director Brett Ratner behind the camera and Dwayne Johnson rocking the loincloth, Hercules delivers exactly as described.

Two Hercules movies in one year? Oh no, this cannot be good ... Going into this film I thought that it was going to be a total disaster given the history of director Brett Ratner (X-Men: The Last Stand, 21 and the Rush Hour trilogy). Ratner's films are usually action packed, but lack a brain. This time, I decided to go along with it. While Hercules was completely ridiculous all the way through I found parts of it to be mildly amusing. Luckily, Ratner's Hercules is far superior to the god-awful The Legend of Hercules, that opened earlier this year. Dwayne Johnson also has more brawn and acting chops than the previous Hercules played by pretty boy Kellan Lutz.

Together Ratner and Johnson create an action packed but silly film based on the late Steve Moore's Hercules: The Thracian Wars. In the end, I had fun at times and rolled my eyes at others with Johnson's muscle-happy Hercules running around. Cue the action-packed battle scenes, cue the Goddesses, cue the computer-generated creatures and cue the egotistical Hercules running around in body paint defeating soldiers. At least I wasn't banging my head against the wall like I was with last winter's wimpy Hercules.
September 11, 2017
Not my favorite movie Way too confusing to understand
August 30, 2017
I thought Hercules was a gold one. The action and adventure is good. I think it is a good adaptation.
½ August 25, 2017
Pretty forgettable "fantasy" film. If ours was a just society, we would have collectively shamed Dwayne Johnson into another line of work years ago. Fry cook or janitor comes to mind.
July 18, 2017
Just dims fun, nothing wrong with that.
½ July 6, 2017
Worst Hercules of all time! I've seen lots of Hercules over the years - the dubbed Italian ones, the TV series, Arnold's first movie Hercules in New York. This one is simply terrible. Everyone is posing and none looked fearsome. The story is boring.
June 25, 2017
I was looking for a better story here. Not the case. Great fighting scenes though.
½ June 19, 2017
Not perfect by any means, but this demi-god tale offers a more down to earth, haunting and action-packed story backed by an impressive cast and Dwayne Johnson's refreshing performance.
June 15, 2017
Really? Are movies like this the reason people stereotypically think of The Rock as an action hero star? Well...we've come a long way from Conan and Gladiator.
June 13, 2017
If I could describe this movie in a word, it would be "watchable"
½ June 7, 2017
The Almighty "HERCULES" has arrived. This is better than the other movie "The Legend of Hercules".
½ May 28, 2017
When we see that we are the son of a God, with extra ordinary power that that make us among Gods when tales sre told of our adventures. When we see we are extra ordinary with no power but great ability to lead a small group mercenaries to do God's work. When we are seen as a god on the battle field but a criminal of a man at home to be framed for in the eyes of kings for be slaved warrior. When what we see torments us when we don't see our weaknesses as a man to make us less godly. When we see that we are a man and god who 7th good to gain favour by the God's when all we seek is good in humanity and God's to free ourselves, and unleash the strength within us that conquerors bad. When what frees us is seeing clearly in what enslaved us to gain super human strength and live the legend that is destined for us to live.
May 28, 2017
Wasn't as good as the animated version, but it still was really good!
May 15, 2017
El desarrollo de la historia es bastante tedioso, aburriendo en buena parte. Lo mejor son los efectos en combates, nada mas que destaque