Irreplaceable You Reviews

• Sep 28, 2019

Movies like this, make me not want to waste my life away 🌈

Movies like this, make me not want to waste my life away 🌈

• Aug 11, 2019

Here are just a few things that I noticed about her while watching the movie, -She doesn't know what the love of her life likes when he says he likes hiking she says it is pointless, he says he likes to dance she makes fun of him for that. Girl, you have known him for twenty years, how do you not know what his subject of interest is. -Ever ready to criticize her friends' interests, doesn't like crocheting or bird watching still goes to these activities and calls it stupid. -Thinks the guy is completely incapable of living on his own, she thinks the solution to prepare her fiance for her death is to find another girl no correction wife for him. Here is an idea, maybe talk to him, tell him how you feel and ask how he feels -Mean to her mom for no reason, we get only one real interaction between the two and she storms out of dinner in five minutes because her mother had disapproved of her actions, please... You are supposed to feel for the girl dying of cancer but it just doesn't connect. Even when the support group slowly starts to thin out, it just another screen transition rather than a kick in the chest, which is a bad thing in this case. I would rather watch a movie about Kate McKinnon's character's struggle. Her one speech in the support group had more heart than the whole movie. Also, chemo leaves you with dark circles, no flesh on your bones and puking every few hours. It does not leave you with a full head of hair and makeup always on point. Cancer is not that pastel-colored. And the guy is a 31-year-old professor who does not know how to do laundry, maybe instead of finding a girl, teach him how to survive on his own. The girl is going to be just another enabler who likes to pamper middle-aged men or she is going to be done with his shit in two months and leave him. Then what are you gonna do, nothing, because you are dead?  The whole point of the movie was how different people prepare for their death so that their loved ones can move on after they are gone, she spends maybe half hour finding the girl for him and then freaks out when he sleeps with another woman, Then the point changes to how the dying themselves deal with their death and then they spend the rest of the time planning their wedding, she writes two lines for each person, people she has known her whole life and then dies. This movie is all over the place, meanwhile, I bet the guy still doesn't wear matching socks and all his white underwear is now pink.

• Dec 14, 2018

whoever has seen love story will understand and like it

whoever has seen love story will understand and like it

• Nov 28, 2018

So incredibly boring. I can handle the occasional cheesy movie, which this definitely is. I even like the main actors from previous films. But with an empty storyline and empty characters, this was a complete waste of time. I am intelligent, but decently easy to please. This was bad.

• Sep 06, 2018

This movie is so bad that I signed up for a Rotten Tomatoes account to say that this film is so bad.

• Aug 17, 2018

Loved it so much! Brought tears to my eyes

Loved it so much! Brought tears to my eyes

• Jun 11, 2018

I cry during the previews when I'm at the movies. So I was definitely expecting this movie to evoke some sort of emotion. Unfortunately, it neither made me laugh or cry. There was zero emotion when watching this movie. Characters weren't developed enough for me to get attached and the storyline was just drab.

• Jun 05, 2018

This film is way too far from reality.

This film is way too far from reality.

• May 29, 2018

If you are looking for a tearjerker romance movie, I highly suggest watching Irreplaceable You. I have watched other tearjerker romance movies, but none of them compared to this movie. I cried throughout most of this movie, which doesn't always happen for me. The story shows two best friends, Sam and Abbie, who have known each other their whole lives and are now engaged. I thought the actors who played these two roles did an excellent job. I liked how the director portrayed Abbie as a strong woman. Sometimes I feel like, in romance movies, the woman is always shown as some soft flower who doesn't always stand up for herself and just shuts down in a bad situation, like a breakup. This was not the case with Abbie. She was portrayed as a very determined woman when she put her mind to something. Which I liked because I felt like I could relate to her. In the movie, it shows Sam working as a TA for what seems like a medical anatomy and physiology class. Which, I have taken that class. So, it was fun for me to actually know what the characters were talking about in some parts; whereas, others might not have understood what was going on. I really liked how the movie wasn't strictly serious after Abbie gets diagnosed with Stage 4 Cancer. It shows her trying to plan out Sam's life without her and making sure it is full of happy, uplifting things. For example, Abbie sets up "appointments" with other girls to see if they are a right fit for Sam, so he isn't alone after she passes away. Which, is weird considering she's setting her finace up with other women, but it kind of creates a soft spot in your heart knowing she wants Sam to be happy. One flaw that the movie had was showing Abbie's sickness. It didn't portray her as someone who has cancer. You typically will think of extreme weight loss, in some cases, the loss of the hair, and throwing up. There were two scenes that showed her throwing up and losing a chunk of hair but that was really it. It didn't show her sickness over time like it should have. Overall, I really liked this movie. I highly suggest it if you're in a mood for a tearjerker movie.

• May 21, 2018

I really liked it! Fantastic acting!

I really liked it! Fantastic acting!