Jodorowsky's Dune Reviews

• Sep 26, 2020

Every fan of Frank Herbert's epic science fiction book, Dune, must see this film. In fact, every fan of epic science-fiction films of the late 20th and early 21st century should see this film and understand how Alejandro Jodorsky's creation of Dune influenced this genre.

• Sep 22, 2020

WOW, how did we missed that adaptation?!? Stupid industry, what were you thinking??? Must see movie, if only we've could turn back time...

• Sep 04, 2020

An amazing documentary of the most influential 🎥 to be canceled.

An amazing documentary of the most influential 🎥 to be canceled.

• Aug 18, 2020

Surprisingly good. After about the first 15 minutes, I didn't see that it was going to retain my interest but I was very wrong.

• Jun 01, 2020

It is impressive to see what would have been of a situated in pre-Star Wars space with 2001 Odyssey as the only precedent. It is unfair to think of compare the potential of both projects on the screen, considering the times and circumstances of both projects, but now we can only wait for the Denis Villeneuve's version at the end of this year.

• May 23, 2020

Highly interesting breakdown of Jodorowsky's plans, schemes, and struggles to make what might have been the most remarkable sci-fi film ever. Yeah, he's a bit self-righteous and overt in his concept of what the film was meant to express. Also, it's easy to play the devoted uber-auteur who no interest in financial gain, only great art, saying money is 'nothing', 'crap', when you have a huge wad in your pocket. But, as they say, I digress. Giger makes another appearance as a key figure in the design of parts of the film as he did in the Alien documentary, along with Foss, Pink Floyd, Welles, Dali together with Herbert's story, Jodorowsky's ideas and direction, could've (and apparently did, to some extent as there is a cut of the film) been phenomenal. 3.7 stars

• Apr 12, 2020

Quite interesting.. and sad it never got made!!

Quite interesting.. and sad it never got made!!

• Apr 03, 2020

The world is so unfair! Jodorowsky was too stuborn to make the film, so everyone must stroke him for his "effort". the truth is, All he had was a few Geiger sketches.

• Feb 01, 2020

Amazing opportunity to glance at what has to be the most ambitious unmade movie in the history of science fiction (Moebius! Giger! Dali! Welles! Pink Floyd! And, of course, Jodorowsky himself), featuring engaging interviews with plethora of creators and other people from the industry alike. Most notably with Jodorowsky, whose weird spanish-english way of speaking make him even more prophet-like and us, the audience, more eager to listen to him.

• Jan 27, 2020

Keşke Dune için bütçe bulunabilseydi ve film çekilip bugünün sinemasında tarihi yerini alabilseydi. Belgeseli izledikçe sanki filmi izlemiş gibi oldum bu bile etkileyiciydi.