Kiki's Delivery Service - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kiki's Delivery Service Reviews

July 5, 2017
I loved it its so heart warming and cute!
½ July 4, 2017
Kiki's Delivery Service is expectedly gorgeously and meticulously animated, very well scored, pleasantly leisurely in pace and style with a good metaphor and it is a charming coming-of-age film that is great for children and especially girls, but it isn't all that appealing to adults, I found its ending annoyingly too climactic and out of place and although the film is definitely sweet and solid, it is far from great and is actually one of Studio Ghibli's most overrated works.
June 30, 2017
I totally loved it, and the beautiful scenery made it even more enchanting!
June 24, 2017
Its a likable, heartwarming, slice of life story about this young witch. Beautifully animated, beautifully told with likable and believable characters, Kiki's Delivery Service is one of my personal favorites from the legendary Hayao Miyazaki.
June 7, 2017
Enjoyable film for all ages
May 19, 2017
his movie fucked me up so bad im pregnan and im a dude lmafo.
March 15, 2017
Ghibli's movie are pure magic! Kiki's Delivery Service isn't a exception, at the end you just want to know more about kiki's life, beautiful animation and a simple but lovely story.
January 13, 2017
One of Ghibli's cuter movies, "Kiki's Delivery Service" still ranks among the studio's more beloved films.
½ December 31, 2016
I love me some Miyazaki. The story is a little light this time around, but it works as a magical coming of age tale. Unconventional? Yes. But you find yourself rooting for a strong female protagonist, regardless...and the ride is a blast.
December 1, 2016
Kiki's Delivery Service is the most heart-warming film I've ever see. A beautiful masterpiece which going with a tenderness pace and touching emotional. Indicate the early life of a pre-teen girl and wonderful experiences she've been through
½ November 3, 2016
A charming coming of age tale with an endearing protagonist and a sassy cat. What more could you ask for?
November 3, 2016
"Kiki's Delivery Service" doesn't have much of a plot, but I absolutely adore it. It's thoroughly pleasant, the visuals are stunning, every character has a big heart, and Kiki is the epitome of kawaii. \(*^-^*)/
October 8, 2016
This movie is just pure joy. Miyazaki is an expert at writing compelling characters and every one of these just hits a bullseye. Not too much happens in the way of plot, but I just so much enjoy spending time with these people/cat that I really don't care. Definitely one of Miyazaki's fines, and one of the best 'slice of life' movies I've ever seen.
September 23, 2016
I saw this movie as a kid. It was a little dull but I really like how the characters act nicely with the animation
August 15, 2016
While the movie does have a lot of meaning (growing up, finding a place in the world, independence), there are only a few scenes in which any of it is conveyed, it feels as though most of the film is very slow paced and pointless.
There are beautiful visuals, and touching characters, but I ultimately feel as though I watched a person find their way in a new town, rather than watching a witch-in-training learn her craft, or do anything else interesting of note.
July 25, 2016
A sweet character driven take.
July 18, 2016
An average Miyazaki film that doesn't develop so well its many elements into a cohesive narrative as it should - like for example the character's sudden loss of power and her inability to make friends. The result is amusing, even if not that satisfying.
July 17, 2016
Majo no Takkyuubin, aka Kiki's Delivery service, is one of the first films by Hayao Miyazaki and studio Ghibli. When the 13 years old witch, Kiki, chose to strictly adhere to the rule that a witch must spend one year away from her family, she packs her things; rides her broom stick with her familiar, a black cat; and searches for a new city.

The city she chooses, is a beautiful, maritime one, with an Italian stylization. During her stay, she must utilize her arcane talents in order to provide for herself. While her initial reception is cold, Kiki is infatuated with the city and decides to stay.

We, the audience, quickly become infatuated with the city as well; the backgrounds look spectacular and the direction manages to depict accurately the vibrant Mediterranean setting. I know it is a matter of taste, but I love the design of the early Miyazaki films and still consider them the pinnacle of the medium.

And that is the point where the praise stops. For a film that's about a magic wielder it is not magical at all, like for example its predecessor, Tonari no Totoro (1988), was. The film's main theme are the troubles of a girl stepping on the threshold from childhood to adolescence. For instance no focus is given to how kiki studies or trains for her craft, but at two scenes we see her disappointment with her plain black robes.

As the film progresses it is apparent that this is a kid's movie; the scenario is simplistic and the world's rules unestablished. The film doesn't hide that fact, and it is maybe unfair to criticize it strictly, maybe I am just spoiled by the quality Ghibli and Pixar films, but it just is not as good as the competition.

While it fails to transcend its genre like Mimi wo Sumaseba (1995), or the Incredibles (2004), it is still a very cute family film, that will resonate especially well with young girls. Know your expectations and enjoy the spirited animation. 6.0/10.
July 5, 2016
?? ????? ??????? ?????? ?????? ????? :)))