Kiki's Delivery Service Reviews

• 18h ago

A classic movie that you should watch. heartwarming coming of age story. wish it didn't end so soon. forever wishing for a sequel.

• Oct 09, 2019

Miyazaki is great at creating compelling characters but hiding some background information us nosy people from the west might be interested in. This happens with Kiki's Delivery Service, there are many things in the story we have no idea about. Those questions in our heads are quickly forgotten and pale in comparison to the great soundtrack, animation, beautiful landscape and just experiencing the day to day life of our main character. This is my go-to movie to introduce people to Studio Ghibli, as long as it's the original version subtitled and not the Disney edit that changes the soundtrack and ending of the film.

• Aug 26, 2019

At some points it feels kind of aimless, but it's charming enough to make me overlook some of its flaws. Plus, the animation and music are great.

• Aug 13, 2019

I saw this movie as a child and it absolutely captivated me. Fast forward to 2019 when I watched the movie again and it still holds the wonder and magic that defines it as a genuine classic.

• Aug 01, 2019

Witches have never been so likable and relatable! And witchcraft has never been so mundane! Slightly bogged down by occasionally going into some familiar territory (especially in its third act), Miyazaki's most light-hearted film is an otherwise fascinating, delightful, funny and charming fairy-tale that effortlessly teaches a variety of valuable lessons such as self-discovering, self-acceptance, self-reliance and self-understanding like no other film did. (8/10)

• Jul 29, 2019

Great Anime Story For Kids And Adults!

Great Anime Story For Kids And Adults!

• May 06, 2019

Breezy, cheerful adventures with a thirteen-year-old witch (and her sarcastic talking cat) who leaves home to find her place in a new town. It's big-hearted and welcoming, as can be said of most of the Studio Ghibli catalog - colorful and fuzzy and full of life - but suffers from a lack of adversity and thus, falls a bit on the flat side. Self-doubt and adolescent shyness are her only major foils, and while those are worth exploring, they feel more like side acts than a main course. Still, it's a delightful place to inhabit, a nice break from the doom and gloom of the outside world, and I enjoyed myself despite the relative superficiality. Kiki is a charming protagonist, bold and ambitious but also delicate and reluctant, and it's inspiring to watch her horizons broaden as she encounters different personalities and grows to love the coastal city she's chosen for her new home. A wonderful dose of escapism and fantasy, it's decidedly (perhaps intentionally?) light fare.

• May 04, 2019

Miyazaki delivers an enjoyable coming-of-age story

Miyazaki delivers an enjoyable coming-of-age story

• Apr 11, 2019

It has very nice animating for it's time! And I feel like it has a very unique concept.

• Apr 06, 2019

It's good and you can recomend it but there's nothing about it that makes it "special".