Kill Command Reviews

• Jun 21, 2019

For a low budget, this is.a very well done military sci fi. acting and direction was great throughout, story was very predictable

• May 08, 2019

If you're looking for a mix of military and Syfy, Kill Command is a good choice. Written and directed by Steven Gomez, he creates a believable robot vs human story on a low budget. The futuristic film, opened in 2016, is focused on a military crew led by officer Bukes on a training mission to an island where they are joined by a researcher supposedly there to observe. The robot targets seem clunky and uncoordinated at first but as the film progresses, we learn they are set out to kill. With a popular plot it can easily become predictable, but with great acting, editing, and CGI, it gives the film a more realistic storyline that keeps the watcher engaged. Without great acting, any film would flop, and with this movie we have highs and lows. The tension created by our main characters Bukes and Mills, played by Thure Lindhardt and Vanessa Kirby, feels a little weak but believable. For instance, when the first man goes missing, a moment that could add more depth and connection seems a little empty as two main characters pretend to be angry with each other. Later, Drifter, played by actor David Ajala, is pinned down and screams for his crew to not let him be chopped up by our main protagonist. The moment of pause and hesitation shown in Thures face, as well as the emotion played through by David, adds so much to the movie. As a whole, the acting doesn't get full marks, but the most important moments where great. When your bad guy has only a few lines you have to be creative in adding suspense. Careful editing and great sound effects add tension and drama to what used to be a silent picture. As the enemy approaches we are welcomed with a darker background and base heavy effects adding a sense of doom to what could be a bright setting. Upon meeting the main enemy, a mix of mechanical sounds and base tones add an ominous feel as the camera zooms in on the robot's bloody face. Following our robot from scene to scene, the heavy contrast from light to dark plays well with the entire movie. A well-timed back and forth camera shots add urgency to the situation. Overall, I loved the editing and contract of light and dark the film has and feel like it's beautifully done. One of the biggest pieces in having a robot themed movie is making sure your CGI and sound effects bring the mechanics to life. Taking a closer look, the CGI is apparent in the beginning as a futuristic aircraft travels off into the distance, but as we get to scenes with more robots, the movement of many enemies is smoothly integrated into the shot. So much work went into making sure the robots came to life and it shows as a drove of machines approaches our leading actors on the field. Each robot moves in a natural way with shading and sound effects giving them a realistic image. Overall, I feel Kill Command is a good film. The low budget has no effect on the look and feel of the movie, and Steven Gomez uses his actors well. Acting, editing, and CGI accomplish a lot, but there are noticeable areas for improvement. Unfortunately, the ending fails to hold up to the rest of the film. As our main robot comes to an end, the camera follows it to the ground leaving the scene to feel overdramatic. Despite this, I enjoyed the film as a whole and would recommend watching the film if you had an interest in video games or robot themed movies.

• Feb 08, 2019

I was amused why the film is with high score. Its very Overrated. Boring. Script is so bad you cant understand what was everything all about. Well atleast not for a regular moviegoer who wants witty, action-packed, sci fi films. This isnt a catchy film. Forget trying to watch it if youre expecting entertainment.

• Feb 04, 2019

My expectations were really low and they were exceeded.

My expectations were really low and they were exceeded.

• Jan 20, 2019

Nothing too much to scream and shout about, but just a nice movie on Netflix to watch just on the fly, typical sci fi robot vs human action but some interesting concepts/themes however.

• Nov 30, 2018

Marines fight robots. Spooky eye alterations and futuristic weaponry. Fun film.

Marines fight robots. Spooky eye alterations and futuristic weaponry. Fun film.

• Oct 20, 2018

Starts slow and by the time you start to get annoyed about not knowing what the hell is going on you realize the movie just sucks. Seriously zero explanation about the gadgets and gizmos. What are they trying to accomplish and who the fuck is they? Being smarter than the average bear you'll start to piece together what's going on but by then you're too drained to give a rat's ass. The only saving grace is soldiers are shooting shit, stuff blows up and some people get killed. Barely 2 stars and if you make someone watch it with you the will not be your friend anymore guaranteed.

• Sep 09, 2018

Kill Command is a very basic sci-fi film done right and I loved how the film itself knew that from the start. The action was fun and even the audio mix of gun fire takes low budget action films to a new level. Kill Command is a basic, brainless sci-fi action film and sometimes this type of film is just want the Finesse Doctor recommends! - Finesse Movie Reviews

• Mar 18, 2018

Worthy addition to the robot vs human action genre, typified by the Terminator series.

• Mar 18, 2018

Well done film. Did not bring too much new content to the Sci-fi genre, however i did enjoy it and found it quite gripping.