Kill Your Darlings - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kill Your Darlings Reviews

October 9, 2016
Daniel Radcliffe is one of his most mature roles as Alan Ginsberg, narrating his interaction with thecreatores of beat generation. Good choice as a curiosity.
½ September 30, 2016
Intense, dark, and twisted; yet playful in all the right places.
September 19, 2016
Daniel Radcliffe and Dane DeHaan works perfectly together in Kill Your Darlings, an emotional (sad) and exciting drama about the life of poet Allen Ginsberg.
½ September 11, 2016
Kill your Darlings is a romantically inspired take on the New Vision movement from the 40s that is completed with a great cast, but some of its moments are sort of blurred by weak direction, still, is an interesting voyage through the homosexual repression, and a delight for the potential writers.
July 31, 2016
This movie is complicated, and that's perfect. I love complicated.
½ July 18, 2016
Gorgeous characters and chemistry between Daniel and Dane, kill your darlings left me breathless and wanting more. There was occasional points I didn't follow as well, but overall this movie is one of my all time favourites
July 16, 2016
An energetic tale of literature, obsession, and murder.
May 8, 2016
throughout the movie you won't even understand the theme of it, which is frustrating. I almost felt like i was watching 2 different movies with same characters. But the end " it connected everything. Filled every gap every concerns and made the movie understandable.
Direction could be considered heteronotonous. It wasn't consistent. There was music in the background towards the ending and not at the beginning.
Acting was great, hands down there.
Not all characters were defined well but the important ones were greatly gutfull.
March 9, 2016
Interesting, well made, and well-acted, Kill Your Darlings is a darn good movie that deserves a big round-of-applause.
December 31, 2015
Beautiful, haunting, maddening, frustrating, inspiring... A slow roller coaster.
½ December 17, 2015
Great title, but meandering story of beatnik culture.
Decently acted by DeHaan and Radcliffe, who have a gay tryst scene, but the talky, unemotional relationship and lackluster handling of the story is simply boring.
Attempting to be a bit too high brow for its own good, and it shows, sadly.
December 16, 2015
Really interesting and very poetic.
½ October 21, 2015
I love the costume design in this film that ended up setting the era up very well. The ending felt very emotional, which means the director did a good job of keeping me invested in these characters and eager to see what happens to them. Without going on too much, let's just say the only bad thing going for this film, is by the end of it, your viewership doesn't feel rewarded, and it's puzzling.
October 17, 2015
Kill Your Darlings is a movie I tried to watch with the wife and ended up watching it back in australia on my own. It is not the best picture. Its about a young writer during war times and he is trying to find himself.
I am going to keep this short.
This is one of the movies that should stay in novel form as it being transformed into film really does no justice to it.
If you really want to understand this flick read the book.
Not suitable for the kiddies.
September 30, 2015
An amazing cast as I still feel both Ben Foster and Dane DeHaan will be Oscar winners someday. I'm not really a fan of Harry Potter nor do I think I ever will be but I tried to watch this movie as it's been on my DVR for quite some time. Alas it ends up mired in homosexuality and all this literary nonsense and I got bored with it after about an hour and shut if off. Then I deleted it. So I missed whatever "killing" the title refers to.
July 27, 2015
Harry Potter And The Beatnik Poet.
June 27, 2015
Dan Rad is incredible here, but the world should really get ready for Dane DeHaan.
½ June 24, 2015
I try to be unbiased, but this straight up was not my thing. Couldn't relate less to the characters.
½ June 18, 2015
Not bad but it could be better.
June 13, 2015
Perhaps not the most eye-appealing to many movie goers, the film's focus on beat writers is much further appreciated by literature buffs. However, the emotional development along with the surprising acts of comedy makes the film pleasant to view.