Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang Reviews

June 19, 2017
I'm y I just keep coming back to this one I really like it hope you see it for it's complexity and love it for them
June 12, 2017
No habia soltado una carcajada tan fuerte en una película así. Simplemente genial. RDJ y Val K son lo máximo.
½ June 6, 2017
I gave this a re-watch last night, as well as listening to the commentary, it holds up very well and is likely near my top ten favorite films at this point.

I really loved this film, as Robert Downey Jr. continues to impress me even when he's playing basically himself in different smart ass roles.

There are a few bits that almost get a little too cute for their own good, but the overall experience is a lot of fun and well worth the watch.

Highly recommended.
May 30, 2017
My favorite movie of all time. Val Kilmer and RDJs humor is deadpan sarcasm. This movie is a black comedy that breaks the 4th wall and is that great mix of subtle comedy and observational humor.
May 26, 2017
A really clever and unconventional comedy, that I struggle to call a "buddy-cop" movie, despite it almost entirely being one (on paper). There's just such a lack of cliches here that I don't think it's fair to cram it in with the rest of that genre. The leads are all great, and each character is unique. Each situation is amusing, and I really appreciate that the story doesn't restrict itself to any pre-planned scene list. Everything is dynamic and unpredictable, and that makes it all the more worth a rewatch.
May 15, 2017
When it comes to comedy, Shane Black to me is the American Edgar Wright. The jokes are so carefully thought out, and they come out of the story, the story doesn't come out of them. Something most comedies need to do.
May 9, 2017
FUNNIEST FRIKIN MOVIE EVER!!! CRACKS ME UP EVERY TIME!!!
April 23, 2017
Surprisingly good - the best way to describe this underrated flick! I will never forget my experience watching it for the first time.
½ April 15, 2017
Good acting and twisted plot.
April 11, 2017
fast paced and well written
½ April 9, 2017
Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang was a quick-witted comedy that I think focused less on the plot and more on the comedy, but it was sure funny. Who knew Downey could make me laugh so much, great performance by him. This movie was on the edge of being cliche but thankfully pulled out a sort of ironic twist on action-drama films.
April 9, 2017
The way the movie deals with 'Gay' Perry's gayness is a bit cringey and dates the movie somewhat, but apart from that, this is a brilliantly fun movie, and an impressive directiorial debut for Shane Black. Downey, Kilmer and Monaghan are all on fire, though they are helped a lot by Black's killer dialogue. The Chandleresque gumshoe elements and hammy humour bring the movie close to cliche, but it never actually crosses the line, so it feels like a classic movie while being completely original...thereby becoming a classic movie in its own right. It's also probably the second-best Christmas movie ever made. Awesome.
March 17, 2017
As excellent and fun an action comedy as one is likely to ever see.
½ March 15, 2017
Kind of an off kilter comedy about a guy who tries to play detective and somehow succeeds even though he has no business doing so. He's also in love with his childhood friend, played by Monaghan. Its a silly story really. You really have to like Robert Downey. I do, so I like this movie.
½ March 14, 2017
snappy modern film noir crime comedy, dark comedy! Great acting, meta jokes, quick pace, and intrigue. Epitome of wrong place wrong time. Lightheartedly brutal. 7.5/10
February 23, 2017
My full opinion: 8.2/10.
½ February 20, 2017
This movie was awesome, a black comedy mixed with crime, it was such an excellent idea! This movie is considered as a key for reviving Robert Downy Jr's career that was almost done after his drug problems but he acted so remarkably that we could believe that he'd ever done this kind of job before. In the movie, Downey Jr's a guy that just cannot handle his situation and problems, in simple words it's kind of a comic film-noir. Even the title of the movie is so nice: kiss kiss bang bang!
January 20, 2017
Action, Humor, and Romance - what more can you ask?
½ December 23, 2016
A fun caper that's a bit hard to follow and all about breaking the 4th Wall (look it up). But who cares? It's a nutso faux noir romp and the leads nail it, especially Monaghan & Downey. What straight guy doesn't want to marry Michelle?! An auspicious directorial debut for Shane Black. The cinematography is uncommonly good for a mid-budget flick. Notice the color layers throughout - foregrounds, mid-grounds, backgrounds. Very effective. A good entertainment at a good runtime length.
December 19, 2016
Great dialogue, great performances, and really funny. A highly entertaining neo-noir flick and an underrated gem.