Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang Reviews

• Apr 29, 2019

(89/100) Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang is a really, really good mystery and comedy. It manages to balance these two genres in a very good and solid way. It doesn't feel too much of anything. The comedy was, of course, great, since it is written by Shane Black. The action is also very entertaining to watch and that combined with the quippy dialogue is just great to watch. I was surprised about how complex the detective aspect actually was, it is just written really well. Overall, Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang is a great comedy, action and mystery movie with some great characters and amazing dialogue.

• Mar 22, 2019

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is a party fast-paced movie, full of entertainment, and a dark comedy about sex, murder, and mystery. This film can't be missed even this is very watchable to watch many times. A new invention on a comedy makes this film different from the others. Robert Downey Jr. and Val Kilmer have great chemistry. There is a sense of noir at first glance and I love footage at the end of the movie. Just make a party at your house, invite as many of your friends as possible, and watch this film together. Welcome to the party!

• Mar 01, 2019

The stylish directing, and well paired duo in Kilmer and Downey Jr make Kiss Kiss Bang Bang a crime comedy must see

• Feb 15, 2019

Shane Black's directorial debut awkwardly blends dark humor and neo-noir that really doesn't make any sense, but the characters and plot keep the film engaging, while the smart-ass dialogue serves no purpose. Sure Val Kilmer and Robert Downey Jr. are an enjoyable team of private eyes, but when Downey loses the same finger twice, you're kinda left questioning the whole thing.

• Jan 27, 2019

The dialogue was close to perfect - quick, sarcastic, sardonic, intelligent. I'm unsure what genre this film was originally billed under, but it seems to me a dark comedy with a layer of dramatic caper. The breaking of the 4th wall in a few scenes adds a self-awareness I crave. RDJ's physicality and microexpressions show us why he is so beloved by audiences and why we call him a superstar now. Kilmer's lines and delivery and presence exude the perfectionism he's known for. Michelle Monaghan's performance left me wondering why I haven't seen more of her - even though the focus seemed to be more on Downey and Kilmer, she commanded every scene she was in and had a ton of chemistry with Robert on screen. I'm wondering if the film's initial reviews are to blame for not catapulting her career. All in all, a very enjoyable film - one of a few I've seen recently that I'd proudly display in my collection (if DVD's were still a thing).

• Dec 28, 2018

A fun and entertaining ride. Some parts of the movie feel stupid and futile yet Shane black out doses himself as the director of this fun and entertaining movie

• Dec 15, 2018

A few tonal shifts aside, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is one hell of a directorial debut from Shane Black. The script is well-written, the dialogue is hilarious, the performances are great, Robert Downey Jr. gets his badass moment by the end of the movie, the opening credits sequence is pretty cool and the story feels refreshing by merging four cliched stories together. In short, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is a well-done homage to the film noir genre.

• Nov 05, 2018

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang perfectly blends humor and action with a complex and smart story.

• Oct 13, 2018

Shane Black is a good writer. Judging by Kiss Kiss Bang bang he is also a fantastic director. This dark comedy is an incredibly underrated comedy and showcases the powerhouse talent of Val Kilmer, Robert Downey Jr. and Shane Black. Laden with one liners and throwaway jokes Kiss Kiss Bang bang should be re watched to get everything in, for only one viewing is not enough. Perhaps this is the reason the film underperformed at the box office. If you are a fan of Robert Downey Jr. you owe it to yourself to watch this film.(Underrated dark comedy from a master).

• Sep 04, 2018

Quick witted RDJr at his best. The comedic timing alongside a surprisingly funny Val Kilmer make this a blast to watch. And to be honest, the rewatch-ability is there too. 4 stars.