Liar Liar - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Liar Liar Reviews

August 14, 2017
Though the plot is thin, the comedy and wit is something to take note of.
August 7, 2017
This is one of my favorite Jim Carrey flicks on just its influence on how much the master of comedy himself can really do. I mean, it's so f***ing hilarious that's it's actually a masterpiece. If you want a time to just laugh your a** off, then this is a comedy worth seeing.
July 29, 2017
Jim Carrey played well in this movie I found it funny especially the airport incident
June 27, 2017
A simple and familiar plot and at times it got a little odd for me but Jim Carrey gives a good performance and it did have some funny moments.

7.5/10
June 11, 2017
Hilarious! Jim Carrey does it again!
½ May 21, 2017
Saw this when I was much younger, turned it off halfway because I couldn't stand it, it just wasn't funny for me at the time. Now that I'm older, it was a lot funnier. While Jim Carrey does get something of a sweeter side in this, it's still a great showcase of how manic and crazy he is, and therefore, his talent. If you don't like Jim Carrey, you will not like this movie. But to everyone else, it's more of the same, and more of what we love
May 16, 2017
Who DOESN`T like this movie?!!!!!
April 6, 2017
This movie is proper comedy movie.
½ March 21, 2017
Jim Carrey brilliantly elevates a thin story with amazing physical humor making a film that's endlessly quotable 20 years later.
February 3, 2017
It's the same old Jim Carrey formula, but it still provides a lot of laughs and Jim Carrey is great as always.
January 30, 2017
viewed on 5/9/04 (Sun)

I scoffed at this Jim Carrey movie when it was released. I was truly puzzled that no one seemed to mind this irritating 'talented' comedian. Over the years I grow to respect him. THE TRUMAN SHOW. MAN ON THE MOON. I would like to see Jim Carrey be seriously taken by Oscars one day. I think if I watched this movie earlier, I would have changed my opinions about Mr Carrey even before THE TRUMAN SHOW.

I remember when I was browsing for titles for some light entertainment, I wanted to borrow this one but it was always on loan. When I finally found it, I grabbed it like a kid would. I wasn't expecting a great movie but just for a few laughs. I like the story idea but I did not seriously think they will move it to a higher ground. Hee... I am wrong. It actually moves me.

Yes. I laughed at Jim Carrey's outrageous antics. How did he do all that without getting hurt? I like the part when he tells his son that some people make a good living making funny faces. Haaa... only an idiot cannot tell it is a reference to himself. Yes. Good living and this is a good movie. He really make good use of his rubber face.

There are some really touching moments. I surprise myself when I do not even feel goose pimples when Jim Carrey sprouts those 'mushy' lines. Hey. He is so sincere that you will also believe he is serious for once. I love Jim Carrey even more in his interviews. I see him as a serious and professional actor, who respects comedies, with a big big sense of humour. Plus he is not a show-off as I have always perceived.

Rating: B+
½ January 12, 2017
Clever Comedy With A Twist On The 'ol 'Fish Outta Water' Routine & Jim Is Well-Cast As A Fake Lying Lawyer..It Fits His Style Perfectly. I Laughed A Lot & His Spontaneous Outlandish Style Is Great.
½ January 2, 2017
It's good movie to watch
December 25, 2016
I love this movie mostly because I saw it when I was a teenager and had a thing for Jennifer Tilly. It's a feel good movie at the end, so it has that going for it.
November 17, 2016
Seen this loads. Great comedy film. Back in Jims hay day
August 19, 2016
The characters are likeable and the plot is original so it should make for a good film. I think there are some hilarious jokes in here but sometimes Carrey is a bit too over the top with it. The finale is pretty ridiculous but the morals are good and it teaches you a subtle lesson.
½ August 3, 2016
A decent comedy starring Jim Carrey, Maura Tierney and Jennifer Tilly. I think Liar Liar is a good film and it is one that I enjoy watching. I do like the cast of this film and I like the idea, the plot of Liar Liar is very good and I appreciate the plot. I wouldn't say Liar Liar is my favourite comedy and it isn't the best comedy I have seen but it certainly offers plenty of laughs and the acting is very good in this film. A good plot and good acting makes a good film. However I gave this film 3 and a half stars as I felt like the jokes were often repetitive and often got a little boring at times. I think Liar Liar is a good comedy and it might just be a must see if you are someone who likes comedy's and doesn't mind the jokes going a little far.
½ July 27, 2016
I found this movie really enjoyable, mostly because of the set-up. it allowed Jim to be really funny, and just random. The humor was also spot on with things like the scene where he gets pulled over, and the infamous blue pen.
½ July 27, 2016
Liar Liar is an organized and well acted movie that suffers from a predictable narrative and that seems to be better and more funny than it really is.
½ July 26, 2016
Muy cómica en realidad, sencilla en temática y muy bien llevada a cabo.

El humor de Jim Carrey resalta en todos los tonos cómicos que tiene la película, no tiene manera de detenerse aquí, llevando su carisma un poco desesperante pero entretenida a extremos tan irreverentes en el buen sentido.

Es una comedia familiar que no intenta ser brillante, sino básicamente lleva el problema de su protagonista a una travesía sencillamente alocada donde se puede, en parte, simpatizar con el protagonista en cada situación que acontece y lo complicado que es.

LIAR LIAR (1997) "Ofrece grandes dosis de risa, donde el desenfreno y el humor físico funcionan como sus grandes privilegios"