Liar Liar - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Liar Liar Reviews

November 17, 2016
Seen this loads. Great comedy film. Back in Jims hay day
August 19, 2016
The characters are likeable and the plot is original so it should make for a good film. I think there are some hilarious jokes in here but sometimes Carrey is a bit too over the top with it. The finale is pretty ridiculous but the morals are good and it teaches you a subtle lesson.
½ August 3, 2016
A decent comedy starring Jim Carrey, Maura Tierney and Jennifer Tilly. I think Liar Liar is a good film and it is one that I enjoy watching. I do like the cast of this film and I like the idea, the plot of Liar Liar is very good and I appreciate the plot. I wouldn't say Liar Liar is my favourite comedy and it isn't the best comedy I have seen but it certainly offers plenty of laughs and the acting is very good in this film. A good plot and good acting makes a good film. However I gave this film 3 and a half stars as I felt like the jokes were often repetitive and often got a little boring at times. I think Liar Liar is a good comedy and it might just be a must see if you are someone who likes comedy's and doesn't mind the jokes going a little far.
½ July 27, 2016
I found this movie really enjoyable, mostly because of the set-up. it allowed Jim to be really funny, and just random. The humor was also spot on with things like the scene where he gets pulled over, and the infamous blue pen.
½ July 27, 2016
Liar Liar is an organized and well acted movie that suffers from a predictable narrative and that seems to be better and more funny than it really is.
½ July 26, 2016
Muy cómica en realidad, sencilla en temática y muy bien llevada a cabo.

El humor de Jim Carrey resalta en todos los tonos cómicos que tiene la película, no tiene manera de detenerse aquí, llevando su carisma un poco desesperante pero entretenida a extremos tan irreverentes en el buen sentido.

Es una comedia familiar que no intenta ser brillante, sino básicamente lleva el problema de su protagonista a una travesía sencillamente alocada donde se puede, en parte, simpatizar con el protagonista en cada situación que acontece y lo complicado que es.

LIAR LIAR (1997) "Ofrece grandes dosis de risa, donde el desenfreno y el humor físico funcionan como sus grandes privilegios"
DrStrangeblog
½ July 14, 2016
"You're silly."
"You know, some people make a pretty good living acting that way."

Love him or hate him, you've got to give Jim Carrey points for effort. No actor really earns millions of dollars for a few weeks' work, but Jim and Jackie Chan are the two who deserve it the most.
June 14, 2016
Liar Liar is a great movie about Jim Carey unable to lie. This movie is filled with tons of laughs and smiles. This movie is a family movie even though it is rated PG-13 for foul language. I would suggest this movie.
June 9, 2016
Jim Carrey is brilliant.
June 5, 2016
140411: Gave me a few laugh out loud moments but, regardless of the outcome, didn't enjoy a story based upon divorce and neglectful parenting. Guess I'm just too serious of a guy.
May 30, 2016
Liar Liar, a film that came out at height of Jim Carrey's career with great comedy, an great pace and energy that keeps this film constantly entertaining. Jim Carrey is very good and this is one of his best characters. The story is surprisingly investing and most of the humor hits bullseye. It's flawed and very predictable but a lot of fun. B+
May 15, 2016
This is a classic. Jim Carrey is his usual zany self but it works so well.
½ May 11, 2016
This is hilarious and Jim Carrey is great.
½ April 23, 2016
Liar Liar pants on fire, this is a movie I love to admire
April 1, 2016
This movie has a good performance from Jim Carrey and is well worth watching
½ March 26, 2016
One of Jim Carrey's best movies.
March 25, 2016
Well well well, an American comedy which was unusually appealing to me. As daft as it was, there's something about Jim Carrey that is so ridiculously stupid, that you just end up hooked to his performances. Whether it be Me, Myself and Irene, Ace Venture, or Dumb and Dumber, his roles are vastly alike, but why change a winning formula? Sometimes there's a large immature child bursting to get out of everyone and this helps release that inner demon. Sentenced to telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth for a day, Carrey's character struggles to perform his job in court given he constantly relies upon his lies to get the suspects off. With a promotion at stake, he battles against all odds to defend his blatantly guilty client, not realising his only son and ex wife are rapidly drifting further and further away, culminating in their planned move to another state. Despite the hidden depths to the importance of these family ties, the humour is present throughout and provides a constant stream of credible family entertainment. It does make JC look very one dimensional in his acting style, but that's only a problem if you don't appreciate the humour. I've always been a sucker for this since a young age, as it retains the big kid in me by watching this genre of movie. Nothing really to dislike about this, unless you're a toffee nosed pompous do-gooder that can't appreciate anything outside of period dramas.
½ March 20, 2016
Great movie, never get tired of watching it
March 18, 2016
I can't believe I had not seen it. I missed a few Jim Carrey I guess. Still a riot in spite of the 20 years aged. I'm sur I would have given it one more star years ago. I am pretty sure there is at least one french or french canadian film that was more intellectually funny with the premise that one's liar could not lie anymore.
½ January 31, 2016
1/31/2016: No matter how many times I've seen it it continues to crack me up every time. One of my favorite all time comedies.