Liar Liar - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Liar Liar Reviews

January 13, 2018
this is a..

Liar Liar

A typical drama theatre script that works on all levels and for everyone; Liar Liar is that rare comedy masterpiece that instead of exaggerating keeps it real and smart
½ December 17, 2017
Puntaje Original: 6.5

Divertidísima y reflexiva a la vez.
½ December 4, 2017
Another Jim Carrey classic comedy. I think most people really like his humour or they really don't. I can happily say i do.
November 11, 2017
Animated or not, I find Liar Liar to be one of the funniest comedies of all time.
October 30, 2017
Fun, loving, and super charming.
October 30, 2017
Jim Carrey's charisma and physical comedic genius shine best when he's given free reign.
½ October 15, 2017
Carrey's best performance and one of the funniest films of the 90's
jamrcla
October 14, 2017
Jim Carrey was made for films like this, His over the top acting was brilliant and some shocking, Hysterical scenes will have you screaming in laughter.
September 26, 2017
viewed on 5/9/04 (Sun)

I scoffed at this Jim Carrey movie when it was released. I was truly puzzled that no one seemed to mind this irritating 'talented' comedian. Over the years I grow to respect him. THE TRUMAN SHOW. MAN ON THE MOON. I would like to see Jim Carrey be seriously taken by Oscars one day. I think if I watched this movie earlier, I would have changed my opinions about Mr Carrey even before THE TRUMAN SHOW.

I remember when I was browsing for titles for some light entertainment, I wanted to borrow this one but it was always on loan. When I finally found it, I grabbed it like a kid would. I wasn't expecting a great movie but just for a few laughs. I like the story idea but I did not seriously think they will move it to a higher ground. Hee... I am wrong. It actually moves me.

Yes. I laughed at Jim Carrey's outrageous antics. How did he do all that without getting hurt? I like the part when he tells his son that some people make a good living making funny faces. Haaa... only an idiot cannot tell it is a reference to himself. Yes. Good living and this is a good movie. He really make good use of his rubber face.

There are some really touching moments. I surprise myself when I do not even feel goose pimples when Jim Carrey sprouts those 'mushy' lines. Hey. He is so sincere that you will also believe he is serious for once. I love Jim Carrey even more in his interviews. I see him as a serious and professional actor, who respects comedies, with a big big sense of humour. Plus he is not a show-off as I have always perceived.

Rating: B+
August 14, 2017
Though the plot is thin, the comedy and wit is something to take note of.
August 7, 2017
This is one of my favorite Jim Carrey flicks on just its influence on how much the master of comedy himself can really do. I mean, it's so f***ing hilarious that's it's actually a masterpiece. If you want a time to just laugh your a** off, then this is a comedy worth seeing.
July 29, 2017
Jim Carrey played well in this movie I found it funny especially the airport incident
June 27, 2017
A simple and familiar plot and at times it got a little odd for me but Jim Carrey gives a good performance and it did have some funny moments.

7.5/10
June 11, 2017
Hilarious! Jim Carrey does it again!
½ May 21, 2017
Saw this when I was much younger, turned it off halfway because I couldn't stand it, it just wasn't funny for me at the time. Now that I'm older, it was a lot funnier. While Jim Carrey does get something of a sweeter side in this, it's still a great showcase of how manic and crazy he is, and therefore, his talent. If you don't like Jim Carrey, you will not like this movie. But to everyone else, it's more of the same, and more of what we love
May 16, 2017
Who DOESN`T like this movie?!!!!!
April 6, 2017
This movie is proper comedy movie.
½ March 21, 2017
Jim Carrey brilliantly elevates a thin story with amazing physical humor making a film that's endlessly quotable 20 years later.
February 3, 2017
It's the same old Jim Carrey formula, but it still provides a lot of laughs and Jim Carrey is great as always.
½ January 12, 2017
Clever Comedy With A Twist On The 'ol 'Fish Outta Water' Routine & Jim Is Well-Cast As A Fake Lying Lawyer..It Fits His Style Perfectly. I Laughed A Lot & His Spontaneous Outlandish Style Is Great.