Little Boy Reviews

• Jun 28, 2019

This movie will tug your heart strings. With its strong message of family, love and faith, it's sure to turn off the professional reviewers.

• Jun 15, 2019

It was a wonderful family movie. There are many lessons to be learned and the plot is pure.

• Jun 13, 2019

Best movie of 2015! With this movie, I realized the Tomatometer is full of BS. I don't trust that score anymore. This movie is inspiring, is beautiful and it has a great ending. It spoke deeply to my heart, it has a great message. It's my favorite 2015 movie!!

• Feb 08, 2019

This is the reason why you shouldn't listen to "professional movie critics." This is an amazing film about faith, struggles of xenophobia and war in the 1940's. It's not the greatest movie in the world, but it certainly deserves better than the 23% you currently see. The audience score is a much better indication of the film than that of the "critics." The nuns review is absolutely ridiculous. At no point does the film indicate that the atomic bomb was "good." In fact, they clearly show it to be something bad. Plus, this is all from a boys perspective. She makes it sound like whimsy is a terrible thing. Clearly has never read G.K. Chesterton. Great movie from a theological as well as moral perspective, and isn't overbearingly Christian. I wouldn't even necessarily call it a Christian movie. It's not manipulative and actually examines some emotions that people probably ACTUALLY experienced. It doesn't romanticize it. I don't know how this movie is offensive, since it was set in the 1940's when xenophobia against the Japanese was at it's highest (since we were fighting them and all). It's like movie critics criticizing WW2 movies about D-Day for not having any black people... since whites were the predominant number of people who fought during the war. Little Boy is the most underrated film of all time.

• Oct 27, 2018

really a great movie, well directed, acted and good story. it's funny to see the "critics" on here were "offended" by it, as expected...

• Oct 20, 2018

This is an excellent, beautifully produced film. I loved the story line, the actors and especially the message. I wish there were more movies out there like this one. I would encourage anyone who needs an uplifting, faith building lift to watch this. A very special, wonderful experience for myself and my family. WATCH IT!!

• Sep 16, 2018

Excellent movie that tugs at my heart strings. I did not expect the twist.

Excellent movie that tugs at my heart strings. I did not expect the twist.

• Aug 17, 2018

Little boy is a movie that relates the story of a child whose dad, unfortunately goes to war. The story shows the despair of the heart when you are not close to the ones you love, and the story develops with the Little kid believing that if he does good actions his father will return. One of the things I like about the movie is the script because it isn't a typical shallow film. This movie has message of peace, non-discrimination and it is able to display the innocence of children, but the most important thing this story tells you is: you are capable to move mountains if you just have faith in yourself. The acting is simply wonderful. Little boy is played by Jakob Salvati, a Young actor that spreads his suffering out on the screen. What a talented kid. When he smiles you smile, when he cries your heart breaks. He is perfect for the character. His mom, interpreted by Emily Watson does a great job waiting for the lost husband and at the same time taking care of her sons. The soundtrack is beautiful. The songs fit perfectly with the scenes. I recommend this movie but before you see it get yourself some hankerchiefs.

• Aug 17, 2018

Delightful to watch. Good to dream a little including reframing the past as it might have been.

• May 06, 2018

Unexpectedly good movie. Had me riveted and in tears, as I could feel the boy's love, pain and hopes. The expression of the father son bond was inspiring. I loved it! For those who complain about the references to faith, it wasn't even a faith based movie. The characters all had varying views regarding the role of faith in the story line. Just as we all have different views in the real world. The only way you can complain about these references is if you are so anti-faith you cannot even stand that is actually a thing in our real word and are thus reflexively opposed to even the slightest acknowledgement of the issue in film.