Living in Oblivion Reviews

• Nov 23, 2020

How did this one evade me for so long? A great indie movie with some of my favorite actors.

• Oct 16, 2020

Unique, exciting seeing everything play out, interesting set up, and I love the final scene. The final scene is actually what brought me to the movie. Nice!

• Sep 15, 2020

Living in Oblivion is a boring film. It is about the one hellish day in the life of an independent filmmaker. Steve Buscemi and Catherine Keener give terrible performances. The script is badly written. Tom DiCillo did a horrible job directing this movie. I was not impressed with this motion picture.

• Jul 21, 2020

shot entirely in a hand-held manner and in black-and-white comes a satire that realistically captures the ups and downs of the process of filmmaking starring Steve Buscemi, Katherine Keener, and Dermony Mulroney the title is both the name of this movie and the actual project being made Buscemi as Nick is trying to get his first movie as a director off the ground but we know like any project there's obstacles in the way so many of them are contractual, financial, emotional etc. Keener is the leading lady Nicole whom Nick has a big affection for but a love triangle ensues between them and Chad played by James Legros everyone knows filming a movie isn't easy as like any job there's good and bad qualities to be had, it's all time sensitive and tensions can arise among the stars as well as the rest of the crew even his mother makes an unexpected contribution to his whole endeavor Nick is in a way 'living in oblivion' trying his hardest to get this film finished, there's only so much a director can handle to go with the flow when it comes to egos conflicting with one another, the level of incompetence and cooperation, as well as budgetary restraints funny, crazy, small but refreshing the movie even asks how certain people got into the filmmaking business or if it's worth it? even the industry itself is mocked at is Hollywood all fluff?, should more films about roughness, grittiness, and violence be more common?, do we only pick the most talented people in the business or is it just for an easy pay day? we can have big success or failure when it comes to getting something off the ground for any aspiring indie filmmakers this is a great example to take notes on how to deal with the stress and anxieties of filming a must watch for anybody that needs a breather from the bigger studio-related projects it's the people behind the cameras that are the true artists

• Apr 22, 2020

A very enjoyable movie made with Love for the art of Films.

A very enjoyable movie made with Love for the art of Films.

• Jan 08, 2020

An indie film about the folly of making indie films... It's a really fun spoof that skewers the pretentiousness that can go into these films. And also shines a light on how much of a nightmare it can be putting a film together. It's a small miracle anything gets made.

• Jul 10, 2019

Meh. Heard this was a really funny movie, so I watched it expecting that. No, a lotta yelling, monotonous scenes done over & over again (ha ha, so 'gut busting'), and one funny scene with Dinklage at the end. Again, meh.

• Jul 02, 2019

1 july 2019 med Rebbu a Husavik

1 july 2019 med Rebbu a Husavik

• Feb 01, 2019

The best comedy movie ever made!

The best comedy movie ever made!

• Nov 04, 2018

A little cute indi film, about a little cute indi film. Even if I had no idea how a low budged production works, I felt that this might be the way things goes. Moderately funny too.