Love Happens Reviews

• Sep 29, 2019

Once again I'm glad I didn't pay attention to either audiences or critics on this one. An interesting and usual plot, plus Aaron Eckhart at his most charming and handsome, plus a good cast of excellent actors, especially Charlie Sheen, always one of my favorites and and John Carrol Lynch make this worth a watch. I liked it. The only drawback is Jennifer Aniston, who was cold and and had no sparkle in this one.

• Aug 17, 2019

A man has trouble coming to terms with his wife's death in a car wreck in which he was the driver. To honor her stupid request in life if anything ever happened to her, he releases her domesticated tropical pet bird, a cockatoo, into the Pacific NW wilderness, likely causing its death. Killing his wife was an accident. Likely killing her bird is intentional. The movie reeked before then, but now I hate this guy & any sympathy for him disappears. Meanwhile, a potential romance is brewing (and ultimately evolves) with a woman who seems wildly incompatible with him. The word "insipid" comes to mind when watching their "chemistry" onscreen. Lots of cliches, including a scene with the overused and ever-tedious, eye-rolling "slow clap" when the emotionally-constipated male lead finally has his predictable bout of emotional incontinence. The only redemption for this movie was when the cockatoo found its way home in the final scene. Otherwise, the only emotion this film would have left me feeling would have been anger and disgust at the human, and pity for the bird. At least I was able instead to feel relief that the bird was okay. And that the movie was over.

• Jan 05, 2019

Would any compassionate person really release a cockatoo into a cold Northwest forest? Didn't anyone do any research?

• Mar 16, 2017

This film is so bad it's quite easily described. Just replace the word 'Love' in the title with 'nothing' and that will tell you everything you need to know.

• Oct 11, 2016

Was expecting a superficial chick flick; it was so much better than that. Maybe the bad reviews are because those individuals hadn't experienced loss that broke them. Maybe they wanted sex instead of relationship. Or maybe there's something wrong with me, because I cried and was inspired and was impressed that the characters were more than one-dimensional stereotypes.

• Sep 07, 2016

This movie was pointless and silly. Nothing interesting or dramatic happens.

This movie was pointless and silly. Nothing interesting or dramatic happens.

• May 07, 2016

Tuli telkkarista ja jäin katsomaan, vaikken ihan alusta asti nähnytkään. Aika tylsä, mieshahmo oli superärsyttävä. En tykännyt, tai en ollut tällä tuulella.

• Apr 11, 2016

paying the piper for all success, even after life gives you lemons, and you make lemonade.

• Alice S Super Reviewer
    Jan 21, 2016

Horrible title. Somewhat bland, stereotypical leads: widower seemingly capitalizing on tragedy and quirky gal who needs to be quirkier than Jennifer Aniston can play her. Burke's reconciliation with his father-in-law is kinda nice, and I do like a good old ASL meet-cute.

• Nov 09, 2015

Watchable but forgettable. I liked the idea of the self-help hero guiding people through their grief when he hasn't confronted his own. It had the basis for a good movie, but the poor casting, acting and muddled storyline (including the obligatory romcom ending) took away any substance the movie could have had.