Love Serenade Reviews

• Jun 12, 2019

Craving for love.... so many of us women are getting unbelievable stupid ... very refreshing story ...

• Sep 03, 2014

I don't know what I expected, but this was a fun sort of movie

I don't know what I expected, but this was a fun sort of movie

• Jul 14, 2014

Deliciously quirky Australian black comedy about 2 sisters in a small country town who are vying for the affections of their new next door neighbour. Miranda Otto is perfect as the socially awkward Dimity in this laugh out loud film. Highly Recommended!

• Feb 27, 2014

This movie is hystericalll.

This movie is hystericalll.

• Aug 15, 2013

nicely hard to anticipate, for a "romance"

nicely hard to anticipate, for a "romance"

• Feb 22, 2013

I have watched this under-rated comedy at least 120 times, and never tire of it. Each time I see it, there's so much more to appreciate, and I laugh a little louder as every sad, lonely year passes. I see myself in Vicki-Ann and sometimes Dimity, and sometimes the philosophical Albert Lee. Perhaps it's due to the fact that every year brings more awareness regarding the futility of the romantic love myth. This film is brilliant on so many levels. Unfortunately, every woman has encountered a womanizing, cold-fish like Ken Sherry. First-time filmmaker Shirley Barrett perfectly captured his vacuous arrogance right down to his worn-out disco-shoes. So very many of us can connect on a visceral level with her quirky characters, and classic archetypes set in the bleak sepia-toned swamp ironically named, "Sunray" We all understand the need for love, which - when left unmet - sometimes turn to pathological acts of unredeemable desperation.

• Dec 17, 2012

It's kinda weird in some parts but anytime the two sisters are together its funny as hell. The younger one is Miranda Otto from Lord of the rings. She is really good in this one.

• Dec 22, 2010

Quirky, a bit heavy on the cringe early on, but thoughtful at times too. Made in Robinvale!

• Feb 13, 2010

A quirky, likable Australian film that lances the mythology of romantic love.

A quirky, likable Australian film that lances the mythology of romantic love.

• Jan 08, 2010

Very odd. Miranda Otto (plays Dimity) was in the Lord of the Rings!!

Very odd. Miranda Otto (plays Dimity) was in the Lord of the Rings!!