Margin Call Reviews

• 17h ago

Great film. Especially if you're interested in finance or economics at all. Paul Bettany and Kevin Spacey are outstanding.

• Aug 30, 2019

When I first saw Margin call around 8 years ago I enjoyed the drama in the middle about the backroom manoeuvres while considering the overall movie 'slow'. Recently when I watched I kind of rediscovered it. Certainly I have grown and seen the world a little more. Now I realise the silent layer of allegories that the director has strewn the movie with. The escalator bringing up a motionless Kevin Spacey and the young genius who discovered the problem with the firm's finances. They are going up the ladder almost against their will and are blank expressionless like a corpse, all the while a pair of escalators are going down, empty. The film is strewn with long silent gazes by conscience stricken individuals who helplessly do as they are told by their completely apathetic boss who, like Nero, eats his supper overlooking a gorgeous view of the city, while employees troop out with their belongings as they are dismissed. The scene ends with Kevin Spacey digging the grave of his dead dog. Kind of reminds us that how many times over a millionaire we are all we would need is a bit of a hole in the earth to rest.

• May 04, 2019

Margin Call makes for an under appreciated gem of the somber end of The financial crisis of 2008

• Apr 11, 2019

Another stunning example of the directors work. Pairs perfectly with A Most Violent Year!

• Mar 27, 2019

A hidden gem. Just watch it. Outstanding performance of the actors, awesome depiction of Wall Street

• Jan 04, 2019

The acting and the dialogue were excellent. But the story was woeful.

The acting and the dialogue were excellent. But the story was woeful.

• Dec 21, 2018

Wow those people coming into the office look like assholes. They look like they mean business. Pretty tense situation going on. It feels like they're calling people to get them on a train to a concentration camp. I would fucking hate working in that kind of environment in those situations. They're heartless and ruthless those hire ups. Everyone is expendable and people's lives don't matter. I'm really itching to find out what everything means in the end. What's going to happen? Ever since watching Dead Ringers and Man in the Iron Mask, Jeremey Irons has been up there as actors I regard highly of and in this movie, it's no exception. Same with Spacey. He's awesome. That one Jared guy is so conniving, I can tell he'll do anything to save his skin even if it means other people suffering. Spacey's character actually cared about his people. This movie just goes to show how ugly this side of business and playing with money can be. It was a pretty interesting to watch with all the great acting and well written story that went into it. And really interesting to see a different side of the story of what wen't down during 2008 with the financial meltdown and bailouts on Wall Street. But I won't be watching this one again, there's not even a single part where you laugh or chuckle during the movie.

• Oct 01, 2018

the modern-day wall street... this is theater at its finest

the modern-day wall street... this is theater at its finest

• Sep 16, 2018

Interesting movie. It helped me understand the 2008 financial crisis. How the rich always make it through while the poor have to pay for their mistakes with serious consequences all over the world. Unfortunately the truth is the ruthless people always come clean in one way or another...

• Aug 24, 2018