Masterminds Reviews

• Jun 24, 2018

This movie is a rare jem. It is a cross between die hard and home alone.

This movie is a rare jem. It is a cross between die hard and home alone.

• Dec 10, 2015

I love this movie. This movie is not a type of movie you should take seriously, because it is not Oscar winning. What this movie is, is a fun adventure that will entertain you. I watched this movie as a kid and today I still love it. Unfortunately, this movie was never released to dvd, so I watch it on my vhs player I still own because movies like this will not be released again. I believe this movie to be a hidden gem. Yes it has flaws but what movie doesn't? I get excited when I find another person who has seen this movie because I believe it to become lost in movie culture.

• Aug 10, 2014

Director Roger Christian would follow-up this terrible film with the even more spectacularly awful "Battlefield Earth" but at least that film was able to achieve Ed Wood levels of badness, so it could ironically be enjoyed. This film on the other hand, which is the teenage version of "Die Hard" set at a private school, is just dumb. Vincent Kartheiser is a bad boy teenager at a private school where the villainous Patrick Stewart takes over and hold all the boys hostage in the auditorium. However, the bad boy is on the loose in the school and uses his bad boy skills to foil the machine gun toting villains. Kartheiser now seems to specialize in smarmy roles, which he unintentionally comes across as in this picture where he is supposed to be the hero. Brenda Fricker plays the headmaster and Bradley Whitford, Matt Craven and Annabelle Gurwitch are among the nervous parents. It's just a miserable, boring and highly unoriginal film in which there is no reason to watch, unless I suppose your are an absurdly big TNG fan and need to watch all of Stewart's work.

• Aug 05, 2014

A juvenile thriller about a boy who must rescue his sister and her classmates from the likes of criminals who are holding them for ransom. It's not exactly mind-blowing, but I thought it was OK. (First and only viewing - 8/11/2014)

• May 23, 2014

Love this movie but I can't find it on DVD

Love this movie but I can't find it on DVD

• Apr 19, 2014

This film will probably entertain kids aged six to twelve who like action flicks and but are a little young for Bruce Willis yet want something more hard-hitting than 'Home Alone'. But for adults, it's worth a look-in for the adult cast. Besides, there aren't many films where you get to see Patrick Stewart in a Man. United shirt shouting 'United'!

• Jan 22, 2013

hahahahahahaha... just say no to drugs. and this movie. then see this movie, anyhow.

• Jan 22, 2013

Die hard in a school! Great fun for middle schoolers.

Die hard in a school! Great fun for middle schoolers.

• Dec 03, 2012

A troublemaking kid who got kicked out if school takes his sister to school and before he goes back home decides to play a prank in the teachers before he goes. He ends up getting stuck in the school and finds out there are criminals on the inside taking over the school and are trying to rob all the money out of it. The kid plays cat mouse games with the crooks to try to stop them. It's kinda of rip off if home alone. It's kinda like almost a kids movie but the there are some swear words including the lords name in vain like three times. I did not mind this movie it was kinda of fun. I would not put it on my all times favorite list because it does get boring in some parts and you can at times tell what's gonna happen next. But it's still worth the watch I guess.

• Mar 14, 2012

Quite a fun kiddie flick with the brilliant Patrick Stewart, and sexy Vinnie Kartheiser. Yum Yum